Super Bowl Party Snacks That Won't Destroy the Diet

Options
Hi everyone. . .

With Super Bowl Sunday approaching, does anyone have any good, yummy (for people who aren't dieting), snacks that I can serve? I love to entertain; we are having a party - and there will be some "normal" snack food there. But. . . I figure if I can serve more healthy snacks, no one will mind, and I can just eat them.

Replies

• courtneykrueger
    Options
    I have the same problem!! I know if all I have are fattening snacks, I will pig out!!
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    What about pinwheels made with neufatal (sp?) cheese or light cream cheese, shredded veggies, and healthy request lunch meat, and low carb tortillas?

You can always do a healthy veggie tray with low fat dip---make something with vanilla yogurt
  • ckkh
    ckkh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Veggies and dip (choose a low cal dip & watch your serving size, or skip it all together), steamed edamame beans with some coarse salt, a fruit plate, and sparkling water with wedges of lemon, lime or orange to dress it up!

3417848.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • cheechersmom
    Options
    What's a super bowl?....
    Ha Ha Ha just kidding, I am so not a football fan though so I'm not sure what all the hype is about, however I could suggest you put stuff out like pretzels - I found a great new one by presedent's choice blue menu, they are pretzel braids honey multigrain and they're really good! Also, if you're doing pizza, order in for those not watching their calories, and for yourself or anyone else make some low fat healthy pizza...

I love it! you can use a pita or english muffin, put some pasta sauce on top, I load mine with veggies for lots of flavour. onion, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, pineapple, tomato and some lean ham, and top with just a sprinkle of mozza cheese to hold it all together. You'll get your pizza fix at a fraction of the calories and fat!
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just got a recipe that got really good ratings from non dieters and dieter alike....not sure of exactly calories so you will have to plug it into a counter...
    1 can turkey chili, no beans
    8 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
    4 oz. drained jalapenos or green chiles, depending on if you like heat or not
    2 green onions, minced fine
    hot sauce
    reduced fat or fat free cheddar to sprinkle on top
    Mix all ingred. except cheddar until well blended. Top with sprinkle of cheddar before serving. You can serve this hot or cold with Baked Tostitos or veggies. A serving is 1/4 cup. I know it's only 1pt. on WW...so I don't know the calories.
  • brookeybaby_00
    brookeybaby_00 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    ckkh - your profile pic is killing me. Now I want chocolate and oreos.

:sad:
  • Trafty024
    Trafty024 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this today. I think we are going to have grilled chicken strips with different sauces, homemade salsa and baked chips and lots of fruit!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Quaker makes flavored rice cakes that are pretty low cal. They taste like chips but they're so much better for you. I think I'll have them at my party :)
  • stebabe15
    Options
    Ooooh shoot!!! I'm SOOO EXCITED for superbowl! I'm 10x more excited now that I found these recipes!!!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Superbowl Recipes

Everyone's favorite part of Superbowl SHOULD be the food! Even us counting calories!! I'm pumped!
    Let me know if anyone tries anything!
    Hope this helps!
  • VictoriaMilanowski
    Options
    Those skinny baked jalapeno poppers look amazing! I'm glad to have been introduced to that site! Thanks!!!
  • krsslim
    krsslim Posts: 191
    Options
    Wow! So many responses. . . thanks for the recipe site; I am going to be using that soooooo much!
  • ckkh
    ckkh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I know - I have a warped sense of humour!