What does quick added calories mean?

Options
Just wondering. Thanks!

Replies

• Aaronc909
    Options
    It simply adds a flat amount of calories to your meal. It does not calculate fats/carbs etc.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    if you don't have the time to enter each item from a meal but have the nutritional info from a pack (calories only) you can just enter the calories so that's tracked for the day. I don't believe it tracks anything but the calories but even that will help you stay under your caloric goal
  • jeeping_mom
    Options
    Or, If you know the exact number of calories consumed (on the food tab) or burned (on the exercise tab) you can enter it without searching for the right food/exercise :)
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    when you just want to add some calories to your diary w/out logging the specific food. Like, you dont have time to log everything, but you know your meal was 400 calories. Then you just "quick add" 400 calories
  • STARG1RL
    STARG1RL Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Because this site is mainly helping people "Count Calories" it's for those foods that you know the # of Calories for, but not necessarily anything else about! Hope that helps...
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    If you had a food that you have no idea how many calories it had, you can use quick add to guesstimate. But I wouldn't make this a habit.
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i usually use that when I dont have time to add something in or if i am guestimating... :)
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    if you know the cals in something but don't want to mess with entering the name od a food, waiting for it to come up then selecting it plus the amount, you just add the cals. If I know I maybe nibbled on some candy, a cpl cheetos and a cpl pices of ham, I can add maybe 40 cals to my food log. Doesn't give fat, sugar, protein but it accounts for the cals. I also use it when I am away from comp and track cals on paper. Then I can just throw in my total cals for the day and be done.