Anyone interested in pedometer challenge?

Options
I just bought myself a fitbit which arrived in the mail today. I am wondering if anyone would be interested in a 10K walking challenge using a pedometer?

Replies

• tucker131
    Options
    What would the challenge entail?
  • RiverWild
    RiverWild Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Is that 10000 steps a day regardless of the pace?
  • ameliafaith
    ameliafaith Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    yes 10000 steps a day regardless of the pace.
  • RiverWild
    Options
    I'll join you in this, it should be fun!
  • tucker131
    Options
    I need to get a pedometer, but I would love to join if I get one.
  • luckydebs
    luckydebs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hi i would like to join you need something to motivate me at the moment
  • ameliafaith
    Options
    alright....when does everyone want to start? anything we should add that motivates to do the challenge other than the idea of getting 10000 steps?
  • RiverWild
    Options
    I think I can start anytime now that the snowstorm moved through our area, we're getting unburied today. Getting an actual 10000 step count can be pretty challenging. We take walks at breaks, lunch and park at the furthest garage yet I still only get around 6000 to 7000, it's always good to stretch it more.
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    I would love to join this group I try to walk 10000 steps everyday and did for about 9 months than came winter and p90x and the lazies would love friends to make me step it up again. What fun can't wait I'm ready to start whenever
  • ameliafaith
    Options
    alright im pretty excited that people have finally responded to a post of mine. now...lets start friday. glad a few people are on board....cheers to being more active. lets park in a parking spot a little further out...or make a few more trip around the house.
  • kenliesmom
    Options
    I dont know if I can do 10000 a day but I sure want to try. My knee is injurred but this would be perfect for me. I can walk I just cant to running or jumping or anthing intense quite yet.

I have a pedometer Ill have to pull it out and make sure I know how to use it. So glad I found this post!
  • jane77
    Options
    Friday start sounds great. I've been wearing my pedometer for a year its really become a habit feel lost without it. The only problem is since a week or so before X-mas I havent been faithfull with putting the steps on I can usually get 5000 6000 by parking farther going down all the alis at the store
    those kinds of thing but found that I need to take one 20 to 30 min walk or two 10 min walks to make the 10000 and are doable if we just say we are worth it. 10000 a day and we are worth it. Anyway thank you Ameliafaith for the thread.
  • alexvenniker
    Options
    This looks like such a cool idea! I am in, will have to get a pedometer though, will join in on monday. I exercise regularly but don't do much walking at work as i am tied to my desk so this will be a great way to find a balance!
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • luckydebs
    luckydebs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ready to start friday:)
  • jane77
    Options
    This looks like such a cool idea! I am in, will have to get a pedometer though, will join in on monday. I exercise regularly but don't do much walking at work as i am tied to my desk so this will be a great way to find a balance!
    over the years i have tried many pedometers last year i got a ( Omron go smart) sorry dont know serial nmber but it was about 26.00 I love it, alittle big but keeps a record for 7 days, very on the spot miles wise. so anyway just a little info
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Yes please - I'm in :):flowerforyou:
  • RiverWild
    Options
    Friday it is!
  • kenliesmom
    Options
    How I we going to check on eachother? Is everyone excited to start the challenge tomorrow?
  • harmonykay
    Options
    Im in too. I will send you a friend request.