Tam's Story!! :)

Options

Replies

• darl
    darl Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow that's a very motivational story. I had lost a good amount of weight over a year ago and didn't finish what I started. The good news is I didn't gain any back but never felt good about myself. I didn't develop good eating habits that would last the rest of my life. That is what I am planning to change this time around. This is what I am working on now I taking this one day at a time. I don't love exercising but I know that it is vital to my success. Today I walked and did some light weigh training and for me that was a milestone. I also lost my Mom just about six years ago and she was only 61. I have a great husband and two wonderful daughters that I need to make these life change for and be able to pass onto my family the value of good habits. Thanks so much for sharing it is very inspirational.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Hey Carrie!

I know this will be hard to believe, but this time around I really haven't had any hard times. I mean, I have plateaus and weeks that I don't lose as well but I haven't been tempted even once to give up. I think that is because I got to a completely different place in my mind than I have ever been in before. The other times I have lost weight, I did it by depriving myself, so of course it was like torture. But this time, I am not starving or suffering and I do enjoy fun foods, I just don't enjoy them all the time. I allow myself treats and allow myself to enjoy things without worrying. I just get right back on track the very next meal or day.

I mean, I had some chips and dip and ziti and other things on Super Bowl Sunday. I didn't really count my calories that day but I didn't go overboard either. I think I had a tiny loss that week but hey!! Whatever!! :) I just got back on track and kept going.

I have said this before but I read somewhere that one of the traits of naturally thin people is that they DO have splurges and do treat themselves, but they get right back on track the next day in their NORMAL lifestyle, which is a healthier lifestyle. I am constantly thinking of that. So, if I want a nice anniversary or birthday dinner or if I want to enjoy a baby shower or Thanksgiving, I CAN!! ;)

Anyway, the key is not letting that one mistake completely derail you. It's not ONE meal that made you overweight. It's learning to not let that meal take over your life and lead you to unhealthier ways.

You just have to control the food, not let it control you! :)

Good luck hun!!!
    -Tami

Thank you so much! I remember you were one of the first ppl I added on here! Congrats once again with all your weightloss!! You really are an inspiration!
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone for your replies. I do appreciate it! I know I've got friends here! :smile: And you all have a friend in me!

You so totally rock sister! You are an inspiration, and and a great friend. Thanx for having the chutzpah to be honest enough to share your story! Luvya! :flowerforyou:
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    You ROCK!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration.
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Wow. Thank you so much for having the courage to so honestly tell your story. I really really appreciate your "bump" b/c I feel so inspired and so motivated by knowing that parts of your journey are the same as mine!

Congratulations to you, Tam! I think you are proof positive that determination, grit, commitment, and doing it all in a safe and healthy way is absolutely do-able . . .

Thanks again for sharing! YOU ROCK:flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, Tam! You are always so helpful. You're just what I needed this morning for some inspiration & motivation! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Thanks again everyone!! I didn't realize that bumping this would get so many new replies!! But I do truly appreciate each one!

And knowing that I am inspiring some of you to keep going makes me feel SO great! You have no idea!

Best of luck to all of you! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

:flowerforyou:
    -Tami
  • Jackiemal
    Jackiemal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Someone sent me a link to this post for encouragement, because I said I have a huge amount to lose. I have about 150-180lbs to lose. It's daunting!

I really enjoyed reading about your story. It was very inspirational. I just had to reply because of you mentioning that you wanted to get your BA in Health Sciences and become a nutritionist.

Last year about this time (and I weigh the same I did then), I decided to do the same. I thought it could only help me get things together. And once I get my weight under control, my passion is to work with overweight kids. School has helped me move forward on some things...now its time for the weight loss.

I decided to take online classes because I work full-time. It is alittle scary to think about changing careers at 41. Anyway, school has been great, I really look foward to getting into the nutrition classes. I will have my BA hopefully by 2010.

Well, thanks for the inspiration!

Jackie

89924.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Ask-Believe-Receive
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Tami, what a fantastic story, and so well put! You're such a motivational inspiration! Thanks for sharing. And best of luck to you on your schooling decision -- you'll do AMAZING! :)
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Tami,
    I wish you lived a whole lot closer because I have tears in my eyes and want to give you a great big hug. :smile:
    No matter what happens in life, know that you have touched lives and inspired people. God does have wonderful plans for you and it is beautiful to see how He has already worked through you in helping you to be the inspiration that you are to all of us. I have been blesed many times by reading you posts and messages.
    Shine on my friend, shine on!!!
    love ya,
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    You're so awesome Tam!!! We :heart: you, admire you, and look up to you :flowerforyou: You are such an inspiration and I am so happy for you...:flowerforyou: :wink:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Someone sent me a link to this post for encouragement, because I said I have a huge amount to lose. I have about 150-180lbs to lose. It's daunting!

I really enjoyed reading about your story. It was very inspirational. I just had to reply because of you mentioning that you wanted to get your BA in Health Sciences and become a nutritionist.

Last year about this time (and I weigh the same I did then), I decided to do the same. I thought it could only help me get things together. And once I get my weight under control, my passion is to work with overweight kids. School has helped me move forward on some things...now its time for the weight loss.

I decided to take online classes because I work full-time. It is alittle scary to think about changing careers at 41. Anyway, school has been great, I really look foward to getting into the nutrition classes. I will have my BA hopefully by 2010.

Well, thanks for the inspiration!

Jackie

89924.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Ask-Believe-Receive

Wow! Thank you! I am so glad my story can give you hope! I know you can beat this! YOU be in control of food, don't ever let it control you again!! :happy: :flowerforyou:

Take care!
    Tami
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tami, what a fantastic story, and so well put! You're such a motivational inspiration! Thanks for sharing. And best of luck to you on your schooling decision -- you'll do AMAZING! :)
    Thank you! I really appreciate that! And best of luck to you on your journey!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Tami,
    I wish you lived a whole lot closer because I have tears in my eyes and want to give you a great big hug. :smile:
    No matter what happens in life, know that you have touched lives and inspired people. God does have wonderful plans for you and it is beautiful to see how He has already worked through you in helping you to be the inspiration that you are to all of us. I have been blesed many times by reading you posts and messages.
    love ya,
    WOW! You're gonna make ME cry here!! :cry:

I honestly don't know what to say. You have made me speechless! (that is a hard thing to do! :laugh: )

Thank you....and you will never know what those words mean to me!

Keep on, keepin on!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Hug!
    -Tami
  • TamTastic
    Options
    You're so awesome Tam!!! We :heart: you, admire you, and look up to you :flowerforyou: You are such an inspiration and I am so happy for you...:flowerforyou: :wink:
    Thanks girl!!!!! Keep up the excellent work!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Tami,
    love ya,
    WOW! You're gonna make ME cry here!! :cry:

I honestly don't know what to say. You have made me speechless! (that is a hard thing to do! :laugh: )

Thank you....and you will never know what those words mean to me!

Keep on, keepin on!!!! :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Hug!
    -Tami

Okay, pass box of tissues this way girls..:cry: I LOVE it when God is so at work in someone's life and then it is overflowing onto others. Tami, you have shown your dedication to your goal and more importantly to your faith and it is awesome to see so many others being blessed by you and your story (me included). May you continue to follow God's plan for your life as I know in my heart He has wonderful things ahead for you and those who come across your path. Love and Many Blessings....
  • mknipp
    mknipp Posts: 106
    Options
    Just want to add my Thank YOU to all the others :flowerforyou: You have a wonderful story to share. Hey, in about 7 years, I'll be 70! My Dad died at 70 of colon cancer; my Mom died at 77 of leukemia. I plan to live as long as the LORD allows, and enjoy the journey by spoiling my two grandbabies like I already spoiled my three sons :laugh: (Y'see, I always get the blame for everything they do wrong, so I plan to take credit for all the "tough love" I gave 'em :love: Regrets just don't work in this world, do they? You just can't "rewrite history" so you just have to live each day determined to "do your best and the LORD will do the rest" :heart:

YOU CAN DO IT! HEY, you already have done more than most!:love::love:
    Marti in KY
  • pecksun8
    Options
    Kinda a sad story, but a great story. I can't say that I have been near your shoes, but I have been through some similar situations.

Incredible weight loss, keep it up and keep it going!

I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing your funny pictures.

Great inspirational story!
  • Mely
    Mely Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey Tam,

Do you have any "before" pictures? It's so hard to imagine you 108 pounds heavier then you are in your current pictures!!
  • nuttyrubs
    Options
    your story did boost m up as wel.....how many cals do u eat per day.and what all exercises do u do
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!