ONE lb in a Month!!!

lisamaria63
lisamaria63 Posts: 49
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
I am SO frustrated! I have lost ONE lb in a month!!! :huh: My measurements have NOT changed and I am eating more food than ever! I used to only get between 600 & 900 calories on most days UNTIL I quit smoking 2 years ago & since that time gained 50 which is why I am here to lose that dang 50! I know patience is key BUT I need to see SOMETHING happening! I am exercising daily... and squeezing in all sorts of small exercises while at work as well... drinking my water and now in a habit of 3 meals and 3 snacks! What am I doing so wrong!?? :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• Consult a nutritionist...
    I had the same problem & it turns out that even though I was eating healthy... I was eating the wrong types of food at the wrong time of day. I switched up my diet to match the outline given to me and I dropped 3lbs in a week without adding any additional exercise.
  • jeannine1125
    jeannine1125 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi...I feel your pain...but perhaps it's because you are busy replacing fat with muscle.... I'm at the end of my first month and for 3 weeks I only lost a 1 lb....now week 4 ...all of a sudden I dropped 3 lbs....so 4 Total!! I was getting frustrated too...but by the end of week 3, my jeans were feeling more comfortable..... so my advice...throw out the darn scale.... and meausre progress by how YOU are feeling and how your clothes are feeling... I know after 3 weeks of exercising 6 out of 7 days....I began to feel better...more energy and sleeping better!!! Keep going...you'll do great!!!:smile:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    I just checked out your food diary and you seem to be hovering right around your 1200 calories every day. Are you adding in your workouts? It's very important to eat your workout calories. If you go too low your body will think it's starving, hold onto fat, and use muscle for fuel. With this, you won't lose weight AND the muscle that is used up will, in turn, cause your metabolism to slow making your BMR lower. Check the links in my signature for some great info on all of this. The weight will come off as soon as you find the right balance. At first, when I was losing, I was only eating my 1200 and was barely losing. I added an extra 300-400 a day (workout cals) and started dropping pounds regularly. If you're not losing due to not eating enough and you do start to add the extra calories, give your body a week or two and you should notice more loss. Good luck!
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    If you were only getting 600-900 calories a day your metaolism is really slow and it will take awhile for your body to realize that it doesn't need to stay in starvation mode because you will be feeding it enough regularly. After it realizes this...which can take a couple months, you will start seeing results. I used to skip breakfast, and nibble on a few things here and there. I started eating more and I didn't gain weight but it took me awhile to start seeing the weight loss. It's just a period of adjustment for your body.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    I looked at your diary and you are within your calories but it seems like you are not eating enough veggies and fruit to fill you up. Are you logging all of your water because some days there are 0 glasses and other 3-5. You should be getting at least 8 per day. You might want to put more fibre in your diet. Your diary says 14 grams (I think) you should get at least double that. Check with your doctor or nutritionist.

Don't give up this is a learning curve and everyone looses at their own rate.

Take care

Carrie
This discussion has been closed.