am I doing something wrong??

Options
OK...I started off this morning with 1340 cals, did my 1 hour workout, had all my meals, still had 952 cals left for the day. Did some random dancing in the kitchen while making dinner...added 254 MORE cals to be eaten! Now I have to consume 1173 cal in 5 hours??? I go to bed in 5 hours!!! I know I can basically discount the 254 cals if I want cuz that was totally random and not part of my daily workout....but I thought we had to consume most if not all of our daily cals! Is it OK if I go to bed with THAT many left???

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Well you can't do much about today..and if its just the one day no problem..but you need to get your eating right over the next few days, eating a few more calories at each meal and getting a couple of healthy snacks in.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    When you eat healthier food and exercise, you actually end up having to eat a lot of food to stay healthy. It's kind of a bonus. :) Try eating higher-cal snacks like nuts to bring your totals up tomorrow.
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Just had a look at your food diary..no breakfast..thats 300 cals at least you should add daily....and you need to plan meals around low fat protein such as chicken breast or fish plus lots of veggies or salads. Snack on a couple of pieces of fruit & you have a healthy diet. I couldn't live a day on all you ate today....I'd be starving!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Eat as much back as you can. Eat a high calorie snack. What about a muffin? a bagel? something along those lines.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It's ok if it happens once in a while, but it shouldn't be something you do all the time. If you have a hard time getting in all your exercise calories you should estimate what you'll burn and try to work those calories into your meals throughout the day.
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Despite what everyone says, there is no rules that says you have to eat all - or any - of your exercise calories. I know you hear a lot that it will put your body into starvation mode, but don't believe the hype. If it works for you, go with it.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that you burned 254 calories by randomly dancing in the kitchen? Were you wearing a heart rate monitor?
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Just had a look at your food diary..no breakfast..thats 300 cals at least you should add daily....and you need to plan meals around low fat protein such as chicken breast or fish plus lots of veggies or salads. Snack on a couple of pieces of fruit & you have a healthy diet. I couldn't live a day on all you ate today....I'd be starving!!

It's actually more than I was eating b4 the diet. I would only eat one meal a day and drink coffee all day...not the best diet...but It's hard for me at the end of the month when there's no food in the house..I have to wait another 3 days for my food stamps to come in, then I'll be eating regularly...I gotta make do with what I have right now:ohwell:
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    thats what the MFP site told me...I was doing my kickboxing moves jamming out to fergie!
  • milkaholic
    milkaholic Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually keep some meal replacement drink if this happens to me. Not only is it quick calories but its nutritious without feeling like you are binging at night to keep up with exercise calories. I completely disagree with binging 5 hours before bedtime as you'll likely start picking more and more unhealthy things just to get the caloric number up, not thinking of the nutrients we need. Plus drinking something like that will keep away from the "no food 3 hours before bedtime" thing.