5'2'', 175lbs. - OOPS! Anyone want to join up?!

Options
Hello out there!
My name is Tamara, I am 39 years old and not new to gaining and losing the same 40 pounds...only each time I gain it back, I gain a little more! I would love to find some like-minded friends for online support and encouragement, as I am turning 40 in a few months and would like to be healthier when I do it!

Replies

• AngelUK1985
    AngelUK1985 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hi were about the same height :) and november before last i was the heaviest ive ever been i shot up and gained 3 and a half stone... lost half a stone of that but really need to los a couple more
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! I have struggled with weight all my life as well I have found this place to be a great encouragement..
  • kate72
    kate72 Posts: 11
    Options
    same here :)5'2" and 170 about two weeks ago.....I started this and now i'm 165.... ( my ticker on my profile is off because of when i started my fitness pal) this is the coolest weight loss site ever! Good luck to you! And maybe we'll meet someday who knows? My highschool friend ( tree145 ) and I are trying to plan a week long get together in Denver in July 2011 !
  • lilmisslanna
    lilmisslanna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi there... yup... 5'2" over here... and 215... I just started a couple of weeks ago and am down 10 pounds!! I seriously ♥ this site!!

Love to share stories.. or whatever!! everyone one here is great motivation!!

You can do it!!
  • HelpClaireMelt
    Options
    I'm right there and want to loose 50 lbs would love to have company along the way
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm 5'3" - though I was convinced I was 5'2" until my recent well woman check up! I'm 149'ish and would like to lose 15-20 lbs. Was hoping to do this before my 40th on March 21st but it's not looking so good. Heaviest I have ever been was 169 - not pregnant. I work out a lot and try and eat a healthy diet. Currently doing P90X and cardio at the gym. Love that there's a group of shorties to commiserate with!
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    IM onlt 4"11. Started at alittle over 200 and Im now at 151 and have about 20 more to go
  • mariyumm
    mariyumm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    same here! 5'1" 173 .... and same story once i lost 45lbs about 3 years ago and gained back 49 lbs :(
    so here I am hoping to lose and learn to maintain this time around!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm in! sign me up :)
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'3" or 4" and I weigh 175. I want to lose about 30 more. Just lost 10 and I am so happy!
  • superstu80
    Options
    Well, I 'thought' I was 5'0", but actually at 4' 11 1/2", and sitting right now at 156 lbs., started out around 167 lbs. at my highest. I'm hoping to nudge that number on the scale lower and lower. So, sign me up!
  • Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Me too! :drinker:

I'm 5'2" (or just shy thereof) and currently 168. My highest weight was 210, my goal weight is 130. I joined MFP December '09 and lost 40 lbs in about six months, then ended up maintaining for about 6 months after the initial drop. Now I'm back at it, trying to lose the last 40 and get to my goal weight.

Nice to meet you all! :flowerforyou: Feel free to friend me, if you'd like!
  • Deanna051
    Deanna051 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    count me in......5'3" keep getting back to 163...boo!! :yawn:
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Ok, you've found us and recruited us, now what are you going to do with us? :laugh:
  • tamaraintheocean
    Options
    Um...a goal to be nice to one another?! Just kidding. Would you prefer a pound kind of goal, or a work out type? I'm pretty busy and am always slacking off on the workouts, so a goal of working out 5 times a week would be good for me - but it looks like the rest of you ladies already do that:)!
  • tamaraintheocean
    Options
    I can relate- I though I was 5'1'', but the nurse said 5'2" last week...what is up with that? I think their scale was off too:) March is a long way away...I bet you can do it!
  • shayf722
    shayf722 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in...I need some support...I always fall off the bandwagon!!!! :)
  • pebbles62
    Options
    Just starting out so need all the support I can get...............Thought I would kick start mine with the Lemon Detox Diet. This is my third day and so far so good. I have lost 2kgs but I know this is only fluid. Any ideas for the next stage, I hope to be able to stick to this until Saturday that will be 5 days of detox..............:smile:
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    Hey! What an awesome group! I'm 5' 1"ish, and I'm 182 - my goal is 125. I'm definitely up for this!

As for ideas, maybe we could have a weekly challenge? ie: drink all your water, exercise 1hour a day, etc...

Blessings on the journey! :flowerforyou:
  • tamaraintheocean
    Options
    That sounds awesome! Being new to this, I am not sure how to organize a weekly challenge. Do we just start posting here?