Ideas needed it's cold outside

grumpy2032
grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Its way to cold to go outside in the midst of a blizard:sad:
I do not own a game system .:grumble:
There is no exercise equiptment in my house.
I dance a little :embarassed:
Cleaning is what I do the most.
I am in need of a fue new ideas!

Replies

• mmnichol
    mmnichol Posts: 208 Member
    You can find a 10 interval run in place video at nowloss.com, its a big site so you'll have to search around a bit, sorry I dont have the exact IP address. That's a start or try youtube
  • youtube.com/blogilates

There are some good workouts on there !
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    do you have stairs in your house, you could run those. you could jump rope without the rope. push ups, sit ups or stretching. get some cans out of your cupboards and use them for weight training. if you have kids chase them around. just a few ideas...good luck!
  • Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Jillian Michaels shared a great workout idea on The Biggest Loser, a deck of cards is the only tool you need. This workout is great for traveling, if you’re stuck in a hotel room, or just can’t get to the gym. You could even close your office door at work and do it on your lunch break.

All you need is a deck of cards. Wearing comfortable clothes and workout shoes will help too.

The Workout

Shuffle the pack and place it face down. Lift the first card and begin. Make your way through the entire deck to complete your workout.

* Face cards (jack, queen, king) – complete 10 repetitions
    * Ace – take a 1 minute break
    * Diamonds – pushups
    * Hearts – lunges
    * Spades – crunches
    * Clubs – reverse crunch

Use the suit of the card to determine the exercise, then the number on the card to decide the amount of repetitions you will do.

Example:

1. Card one: 3 of hearts – you will do 3 lunges
    2. Card two: jack of spades – 10 crunches
    3. Card three: ace of diamonds – take a 1 minute break
    4. Card four: 9 of clubs – 9 reverse crunches

Next time you do the workout try and beat your previous time. You can also try different lunges (walking, reverse, stationary with rear leg elevated) or add in any exercise you want to challenge yourself with.
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    You can usually get some workout DVDs for pretty cheap on amazon.com....I have a few for when I'm snowed in, my favorites are pilates for dummies, and the carribean workout series...pretty simple, and most of them don't require any weights...if they do, I used to use cans of vegetables!
  • look up 8 minute workout on Youtube. There's lots of fun stuff. Everything from aerobics, to strength training to stretches.
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Jillian Michaels shared a great workout idea on The Biggest Loser, a deck of cards is the only tool you need. This workout is great for traveling, if you’re stuck in a hotel room, or just can’t get to the gym. You could even close your office door at work and do it on your lunch break.

All you need is a deck of cards. Wearing comfortable clothes and workout shoes will help too.

The Workout

Shuffle the pack and place it face down. Lift the first card and begin. Make your way through the entire deck to complete your workout.

* Face cards (jack, queen, king) – complete 10 repetitions
    * Ace – take a 1 minute break
    * Diamonds – pushups
    * Hearts – lunges
    * Spades – crunches
    * Clubs – reverse crunch

Use the suit of the card to determine the exercise, then the number on the card to decide the amount of repetitions you will do.

Example:

1. Card one: 3 of hearts – you will do 3 lunges
    2. Card two: jack of spades – 10 crunches
    3. Card three: ace of diamonds – take a 1 minute break
    4. Card four: 9 of clubs – 9 reverse crunches

Next time you do the workout try and beat your previous time. You can also try different lunges (walking, reverse, stationary with rear leg elevated) or add in any exercise you want to challenge yourself with.

Oooh I like this! I'm saving it for a day when I need some spice in my routine.
  • That card thing seems fun.I think i will try that. You can try Making up your own. my kids love it when we play dance class in the living room.
  • ldekker
    ldekker Posts: 11 Member
    For time (meaning as quick as possible):

3 rounds of...

30 Jumping-Jacks
    30 Air Squats
    30 Tuck-Jumps
    30 Push-Ups
    30 Mountain-Climbers
    30 Sit-Ups

NB: Make sure you complete a 5 - 10 minute warm-up including some light cardiovascular exercise and dynamic stretching.

Jumping-Jack: Or star jump, is a physical jumping exercise performed by jumping to a position with the legs spread wide and the hands touching overhead and then returning to a position with the feet together and the arms at the sides.

Air Squat: The air squat is performed by keeping both feet flat on the floor, shoulder width apart or wider, with the knees and feet pointing in the same direction. Keeping the back straight and eyes forward, squat down, dropping the hips.

Tuck-Jump: Stand with your feet directly underneath you. Jump up as high as you can, throwing your arms up. While in the air, quickly tuck your legs into your hips. Before landing quickly extend your legs down to absorb the landing. Keep your chest up and maintain good posture throughout.

Bent-Knee Push-Up: This push up is performed on bent knees by keeping the knees, hips and shoulders in a straight line without bending the hips.

Mountain-Climber: Begin in a push-up position (arms lined up with the chest, legs extended out). Make sure to keep the head in line with the body and the stomach muscles contracted throughout the range of motion. Start the movement by bringing the right knee to the chest and back to starting position. Quickly alternate to the left leg and continue this movement.

Sit-Up: To start, your legs must be bent at 90 degrees and your feet are either flat or with heels on the ground. Your feet can be either held or anchored. Keep your arms straight with the palms of your hands on top of your legs. Your chin should be as close to your chest bone as comfortable. To sit-up, keep your hands in contact with your legs until your wrists come to the top of your knee caps. When your wrists reach this position, lower to the start position.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    You should have a fitness TV station
    Or Netflix has fitness On Demand workouts
    Or youtube has Leslie Sansone walk at home.
    jumping jacks in front of the TV
    jogging in place
  • grumpy2032
    grumpy2032 Posts: 92 Member
    thanks everyone for all your ideas I will get started now
This discussion has been closed.