I want to do a Cleanse

Options
I'd like to start eating much cleaner, and would like to kick it off with a good, helathy cleanse.

But I have no idea which ones work and which don't.

Would you reccommend cleansing or not?

Give me your suggestions please.

Thank you!

Replies

• eamartin
    eamartin Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I used an acia berry cleanse.. otherwise just start by drinking more water and eating more fiber, that will cleanse you out :)
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    bump
  • lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I just used Herbalife's cleanse - I loved it!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Here's some info on "The Master Cleanse".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master_Cleanse
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I do a cleanse about 3 times a year, I really like doing them, you feel so much better when you are done!! The last one I did was my favorite, it was Thysilin herbal cleanse, I bought it at a nutrional store and it worked great!!! It was only 15 days but at the end my body felt so much better.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do a "starvation" cleanse. What I have done is a clean food cleanse. fruit and vegetables, fruit juice and water, I added olive oil with herbs and spices to the veg to bump the calories up and did that for 2 days before adding in the next food group until by the end of the week my diet had all groups re added. I can tell you I felt cleansed! never felt hungry, had no nasty "detox" headache which isnt detox at all, its starvation headache!
  • stamy6
    stamy6 Posts: 27
    Options
    I used the Shakeology Cleanse. 3 Days . Safe and Effective. I was still able to eat every 3 hours with either the ultra premium shake or fresh fruit and vegetables.

-5 lbs in 3 days, I've managed to keep it off and I FELT BETTER!

Message me for details
  • Pressly
    Options
    I do a Shakeology Cleanse! Its fun, easy and very effective! :
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I use Laci Le Beau Super Dieter's Tea Cleanse. It works great for me.
  • prencesskl
    Options
    I used Arbonne essentials cleanse. I brought it to my dr first and he said it's the healthiest one he has ever seen. It's all natural and vegan as well. If your interested in trying it contact me, or check my website below, it's under arbonne essentials it essentials, item 2082.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Thank you all for your help. I will take a look at all of these to see which might work best for me. I appreciate your time!
  • kbellnurse
    Options
    So i hate to go against anyone else's suggestions.. I'm just curious why you think a cleanse would be the best way to start out?

I once previously did a cleanse (the starvation type ala master cleanse) and it only made me hungrier and less committed to my diet afterwards.

Also from my understanding of nutrition/physiology (as a nursing student) this idea that you are "full of toxins" and that they need to be "cleansed' is really not accurate. Also when you deprive your body of anything that you plan on eating at a later time (ie: carbs, fat, protein, whatever) you begin to stop producing the enzymes required to break them down and when you do reintegrate them into your diet it can be a shock to your system.

This being said - I am not trying to start a pro/against cleanse war or anything. It's just something that I've looked into in the past and thought i would share what I've learned (or think I've learned anyway haha)

Good luck with whatever you choose!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    So i hate to go against anyone else's suggestions.. I'm just curious why you think a cleanse would be the best way to start out?

I once previously did a cleanse (the starvation type ala master cleanse) and it only made me hungrier and less committed to my diet afterwards.

Also from my understanding of nutrition/physiology (as a nursing student) this idea that you are "full of toxins" and that they need to be "cleansed' is really not accurate. Also when you deprive your body of anything that you plan on eating at a later time (ie: carbs, fat, protein, whatever) you begin to stop producing the enzymes required to break them down and when you do reintegrate them into your diet it can be a shock to your system.

This being said - I am not trying to start a pro/against cleanse war or anything. It's just something that I've looked into in the past and thought i would share what I've learned (or think I've learned anyway haha)

Good luck with whatever you choose!

what you said

our liver and kidneys "cleanse" for us. do yourself a favor and start out the right way. eat plenty of fibre from whole grains and veggies and fruit. eat lean protein.

much better than any stupid marketed cleanse that has absolutely no scientific proof behind it.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    BEST HEALTHY cleanse is getting a lot of fiber in your diet...eat prunes they will get you going! :bigsmile:
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    let me start off by saying this is not a cleanse, it's not about flushing toxins from the body, it is a purge a way of flushing out the gi tract while good nutrition.

I have always had problems with my digestive system, to the point that when its at its worst I am rolling on the floor in pain for a few days. thats the big reason I'm here I am on a low fat diet with a highly regulated fiber intake to try and minimize these outbreaks. anyway a few years ago my sister who fell for just about every fad diet you can imagine had me make a soup for her, she handed me a printout with a recipe that said cabbage soup diet. I made the soup, about two gallons worth, and she never touched it. so at this point in time I was having issues again and couldn't really eat solid food so I started eating it, and it did wonders within a few days the pain was gone, by the end of the week all the blockage was gone. just my experience.