BMI

Options
The BMI calculator is bogus on this website. its Says I should weigh 125 to 169. 169 and Id be skinny as hell. 125 and I would be dead.

Replies

• Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yeah the BMI is worthless. I pay no attention to it.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you didn't the information wrong? For everyone else, it gives the standard BMI readings.
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    Options
    Yeah wow it has me at the same and after boot camp i was 145lb and looked like i needed to be fed. AND it says i am Obese.. I am fat not Obese wow. Don't like that
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of debate whether or not BMI is an accurate measurement of obesity or not. It's meant to give a general idea of whats considered under, normal, and overweight for different heights, but is in no way a definite measurement.

However, the original post suggested that this site was calculating BMI incorrectly. It's not. If you don't agree with the score you got, then it's that you don't believe in the BMi readings. The site calculates it correctly though.
  • droppin_lbs
    droppin_lbs Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I pay more attention to my body fat percentage and measurements then BMI.
  • Valorin
    Valorin Posts: 21
    Options
    http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ This is another BMI calculator. I put my info and got the same results.
  • robbhull
    robbhull Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The BMI calculator does not account for male or female. I think this is why it seems off. Yeah I guess I dont believe in it.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    The BMI calculator here is spot on for me. If I get at the low end (109) I'd look rather thin, but anywhere from 120-135 (140 was the highest displayed in my case) would be what I remember myself as healthy.