maybe I have a 6-pack... ?

Fineraziel
Fineraziel Posts: 140
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
I was wondering... Maybe I have a 6-pack abs under my last 2 inches of fat still covering my entire body ? :huh:

I am working out quite a lot and yesterday I tried to do as much sit-ups in a row as I could (initial test for the 200 sit-up challenge, www.twohundredsitups.com). Well, I did 350 sit-ups very easily and my abs didnt feel in pain at all! :happy: (Actually, I had to stop because I was starting to feel dizzy! lol :tongue: )

So do you think its possible that I have a rock-hard body hidden under all this fat ??? :bigsmile:

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    YES! i find that to be very possible :] congrats on the situps :] thats amazing! cardio will now be your BFF so you can lose the fat you have left :]
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Try a bunch of different ab exercises to make sure you're working out all of the different parts of your abs. If you only do situps, you'll only work out certain parts of your abs, and not the whole thing.

But to answer your question, you probably have a lot stronger abs than you thought, and once you get to your goal weight, a six pack should be in your future :)
  • wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    I can see mine showing through my fat : )
  • douglw
    douglw Posts: 25
    Just keep taking that weight off and that muscle will start to show. Looking toned is more about body fat percentage than muscle. Consider NFL offensive linemen. Those guys look really chunky, but they are amazingly strong.
  • jedday
    jedday Posts: 119
    GOD I hope so
  • lol my profile says "I have the body of a fitness model hidden under a snicker-induced layer of fat"

I feel your pain.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    I feel the same way. I know they're there...I had a perfect 6 pack in high school. One of the few girls who did. Got pregnant at 18...abs split down the middle and gained a good inch of flab and stretch marks over them. Grr. Only a tummy tuck will show mine off again (and yes, this was said by my doctors).
  • mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    I know I do, lol. If i flex eveyrthing hard, i can see the obliques etc behind the flabby bits!

plus my core strength is quite good...generally do weighted core session these days.
This discussion has been closed.