OMG - 7 chicken wings are 1299 calories!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Some friends invited us out for wings - so we went.

I skipped cocktails, and drank water with lemon. I skipped the fries, and ate wings and celery sticks with blue cheese dip, of which had one oz. Now get ready for this... 7 wings log in at 1299 calories!!!! :noway: :noway: :noway:

Could that BE???? It was a local pub, so I have no way to check the calories. The wings are not battered or dusted with flour. I used "Hooters" wings (although I've never had them - just figured that would be similar - pub style wings) and, yes, 7 wings = 1299 calories. I could cry.

I now have to exercise 720 calories off, and it's 7:00 p.m.!!!! ARGH!!!! I could have eaten my broiled tilapia with asparagus and brown rice, which was all prepped to be cooked. I feel sick about it all.
Never again.
Lesson learned.
Never again.
:ohwell:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    Some friends invited us out for wings - so we went.

I skipped cocktails, and drank water with lemon. I skipped the fries, and ate wings and celery sticks with blue cheese dip, of which had one oz. Now get ready for this... 7 wings log in at 1299 calories!!!! :noway: :noway: :noway:

Could that BE???? It was a local pub, so I have no way to check the calories. The wings are not battered or dusted with flour. I used "Hooters" wings (although I've never had them - just figured that would be similar - pub style wings) and, yes, 7 wings = 1299 calories. I could cry.

I now have to exercise 720 calories off, and it's 7:00 p.m.!!!! ARGH!!!! I could have eaten my broiled tilapia with asparagus and brown rice, which was all prepped to be cooked. I feel sick about it all.
    Never again.
    Lesson learned.
    Never again.
    :ohwell:
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    its ok there is always tomorrow i have about 10 - 18 wings and more wings once a week plus fries never worry always back on track :happy: so enjoy once in a while :tongue:
  • huskergal15
    Options
    Hooters wings have a bread coating on them. If your wings didn't have any, change it to "Naked" wings (what Hooters calls them w/o breading). I bet that will reduce your calorie intake pretty drastically.
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    Awww...I feel for you! Write it off as a good time spent with friends and try not to beat yourself up too much about it! You can reduce your calories a bit each day so that you're not working out like crazy tonight! And good luck with the rest of your week!
  • eriny
    Options
    i love hooters :drinker:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Hooters wings have a bread coating on them. If your wings didn't have any, change it to "Naked" wings (what Hooters calls them w/o breading). I bet that will reduce your calorie intake pretty drastically.

Thanks! It did make it better by about 300 calories!!!!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    Options
    its ok there is always tomorrow i have about 10 - 18 wings and more wings once a week plus fries never worry always back on track :happy: so enjoy once in a while :tongue:

Thanks - you cheered me up - I went for a run, and then quit after 20 minutes / 200 calories burned - screw it - there is always tomorrow!
    :smile:
  • AJCM
    Options
    Awww...I feel for you! Write it off as a good time spent with friends and try not to beat yourself up too much about it! You can reduce your calories a bit each day so that you're not working out like crazy tonight! And good luck with the rest of your week!

Thanks - good advice - before MFP I never really realized that I do have an issue with food and/or self control - I have to work on it!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • pinkpixies
    Options

haha that sounded so naughty. :bigsmile:
  • AJCM
    Options

The restaurant or the boobs?
    :wink: :tongue:

I only know of Hooter's from media (specifically Michael Scott and Jim of "The Office" going for lunch) - never even been in one!
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options

2013.gif
  • OomarianneoO
    Options

And stay away from the blue cheese! The fat content in blue cheese dressing from a place like Hooters has got to be outrageous. I'm talking as much as 19g for 2Tbs. Yikes!
  • AJCM
    Options

And stay away from the blue cheese! The fat content in blue cheese dressing from a place like Hooters has got to be outrageous. I'm talking as much as 19g for 2Tbs. Yikes!

Yeah - it was killer - I should have just backed away from the whole experience! When I arrived at the pub, I thought about their grilled chicken salad, which is delicious, and then gave into peer pressure, as everyone was doing wings!

ARGH!!! I hope I've learned a good lesson - but my hubby does say that part of this whole experience now is learning how to eat "normally" in the real world, and that can include wings once a month, or once in a blue moon.

Anyway.... fresh food tomorrow...
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options

:devil: Well... both... duh....

1hooters.jpg
  • AJCM
    Options
    Yikes...
    :noway:
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    *drools over wiiiings* :tongue:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options

1hooters.jpg

Yuck, she's not even pretty! lol
  • butterfliblu
    butterfliblu Posts: 36 Member
    Options

1hooters.jpg

LOL, pretty doesn't matter at Hooters...just Hooters matter at Hooters!
  • eriny
    Options
    i LOVE both ! :devil:
  • Emdicio
    Emdicio Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Bah, they're all pretty with the lights out! :laugh:

*note to self - maybe you shouldn't type out everything you think......:noway: