5K Time

Options
I feel soooo pumped! I had my fastest 5k time yet. For the last 2.2 miles I did not go below 6mph once which is a first for me. The longest I have gone 6mph before was 1 mile. I started off going pretty slow at 4.5 mph and added .3 mph until I was up to 6 mph and just pushed myself from there.

Did it in 33.16 minutes! That is over 3 minutes cut off from my last time.

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Great work!!!

I did the same today :D altho i only cut off like 20 seconds haha down to 26:52 now
  • legend1973
    Options
    Wicked! You Go!!!
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! i can't wait to do my first one!
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Keep up the good work!!
  • dtrm88
    dtrm88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    WTG! That's awesome!!
  • poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you go girl!
  • rosita76
    Options
    That is awesome!!
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    That's my girl! Way to go! I can't wait until I can run a full 5K and I'm trying to beat my time!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Thats a good time , congrats.

Its a buzz when you beat your previous best.
  • sixpackgoal
    Options
    Keep up the outstanding efforts on your running. The most important race is against ourselves.
  • spaceranger
    Options
    Wow
    i'm doing couch to 5k qnd just starting week 5 so can't wait until i can actually run the whole 5k :D
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am still kind of on a high from kicking my own booty! I am very competitive even with my own self.
  • the_texreb
    the_texreb Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. I've been pushing even harder lately because I'm starting to see the results. It feels good to know that you can do this without feeling like you got hit by a truck the next day.

Congrats on the progress!
  • edorice
    Options
    So are you going to join in a race? You can check out www.active.com for races in your area.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Great time for the first one! Hopefully it will only get better from there! Congrats!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    So are you going to join in a race? You can check out www.active.com for races in your area.

I have done 3 official 5ks with times at 36mins plus were I ran/walked but the last one was in the begining of december. I am thinking about going to Pensacola, FL in March and doing one with a friend down there and I am doing a warrior dash in July.
  • edorice
    Options
    I want to do the Warrior Dash in our area too, it's in April. Unfortunately, it's in near Lake Elsinore and they have a history of bad water. Fish dying and all. I think I'll pass. hahaha
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    I want to do the Warrior Dash in our area too, it's in April. Unfortunately, it's in near Lake Elsinore and they have a history of bad water. Fish dying and all. I think I'll pass. hahaha

I am not doing the one in NC as August in NC is usually lower 100's so I am doing the one in July in MN.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!