Zumba Dancing

Options
Anyone looking for sumthing new to do needs to try Zumba Dancing,, I tried it for the first time tonite and everything burns!!! I know in the morning im goin to really feel it!! But it'll all be worth it in the end!!!

Replies

• dward843
    Options
    I love Zumba!!! It's fun and not at all like exercise.
  • tnmomof4
    Options
    I love Zumba! I just started about a week ago.
  • jeharris16
    Options
    Definitely been wanting to try it. I feel like I need to get my right knee in better shape first!
  • sarahemily86
    sarahemily86 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Zumba is fantastic! I love it!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    You guys need to come join us in the Zumba Crew!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/165548-the-zumba-crew-february
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Zumba is awesome! I love it!
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Zumba and it works and is so much fun! Once you go Zumba it is hard to do anything else...although I do love kick boxing as well!
  • itsmeeee
    itsmeeee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got Zumba from QVC and watched the DVD that teaches you all the steps! Thats as far as I've gotten, but will be starting soon! I tried a few moves and wow when you isolate the muscles like they show you it really does burn!
  • dancinggirl81
    dancinggirl81 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the only exercise I really look forward to doing!
  • goofygin37
    Options
    I did it once. :) I'm not very coordinated so I felt really clumsy and out of place. It was a very small group of people so it made me feel like I really stood out. Ha! I do need to give it another chance. $5 for classes is a bargain!
  • IAMTHEGRAM
    Options
    I have the Zumba DVD's, This thread has inspired me, I'm going to get them out and into the DVD player!!
  • ksills5
    Options
    I've heard a lot of good things about Zumba! I know it varies from person to person, but how many calories do ya'll burn doing it?
  • cholliman
    cholliman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Zumba burns soooo many calories! In a one hour workout, I've burned over 900 calories! I highly recommend it to anyone! It's so much fun and you'll actually look forward to going!
  • cholliman
    cholliman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wear a calorie tracker watch and some days I burn around 950, then between 700-800 but never under 550. The classes last an hour and it's all in how much you put into it! So shake, shake, shake and you literally shake off more calories!
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Definitely been wanting to try it. I feel like I need to get my right knee in better shape first!

I am totally out of shape and plenty larger than anyone else in my class. But I do my own modifications and I do stay in the back corner so if I am doing something that is the opposite of the group, I don't cause anyone else to trip over me or anything. But even with painful joints (because I tried the class after one week of INTENSE workouts after being totally sedentary) I managed to get a LOT of cardio and movement out of the class! I also noticed that it actually helped me stretch my sore muscles without over-doing anything. I don't know how bad your knee is, but its worth a try because it may help you strengthen your knee if you are careful with your modifications to the dances. Not to mention it is a ton of fun!

I ordered the Zumba game for the Wii yesterday... should be here next week! I can't wait!! Love Zumba!!!
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I Adore zumba and still go twice a week and i have been going for over 6 months now!!! =]
  • jennifir
    jennifir Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I have the dvds and I love the freedom of zumbaing whenever I want...sometimes it is hard to fit a class into my schedule or right now...I just can't afford it yet.
  • Ana222
    Options
    Is there anywhere in downtown NY that has good zumba classes?? E or W village?