weight loss durning pms week

Options
How do you continue to lose weight when you are so bloated from pms? The scale is not forgiving. I am looking for something to keep losing weight...any helpful technique.

Replies

• jennwahl
    Options
    I would have to say mabey midol would help ?
  • mommy2halfdozen
    mommy2halfdozen Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Stay away for anything with salt in it for sure.
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    i know that this will sounds like a terribly cruel joke. (but i'm there right now too)
    JOGGING. RUNNING. FAST WALK.
    i dont know why and i would think that the opposite would be true. but it makes me feel better.
    hopefully it will for you too.
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat,,, I am hoping that if I continue to exercise and eat right that at the end of the week it will pay off!! I am drinking lots of water too, dont know if that is going to help or not. I usually go WAY off my diet and eat whatever I want during this week and use it as an excuse, trying very hard not to do that this time!! Ugh, it sucks though!!
  • gina205
    gina205 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I say stay off the scale. That happened to me last week. I gained 4 lbs of water weight and then when it was gone so was the 4lbs!
  • Dyamond77
    Options
    I weighted myself today and I almost cried because I gained 2.5lbs
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh yourself during that time if what the scale says, bothers you. It's water! And, don't get all happy if you weigh yourself during that time and then swing 5-10 lighter when your period is gone. Just water! Not worth a psychological setback once a month when it's JUST WATER!
  • chanchara
    Options
    I know how you feel! I seem to gain at least 2-4 lbs during that time so I stay away from the scale.I don't exercise the first day but after that I at least walk 2 miles or more but I don't do any other kind of exercises.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I somehow managed to still lose weight when I was on my period and I didn't do anything different than what I usually do by counting calories and stuff.
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    i know that this will sounds like a terribly cruel joke. (but i'm there right now too)
    JOGGING. RUNNING. FAST WALK.
    i dont know why and i would think that the opposite would be true. but it makes me feel better.
    hopefully it will for you too.

I've read the exercising does help.
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    I am on birth control and do not bleed. Do I probably still retain water the week before I am SUPPOSED to have my period?
  • caroline1851
    Options
    I guess since you're retaining a lot of water, drink a lot of water and maybe eat asparagus, since it's a natural diaretic (sp?).
  • MsMoca
    MsMoca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would stay away from the scale as well, women naturally gain weight during this time. I suggest sticking to your routine and not get discourage, it's out of your control.
  • Dyamond77
    Options
    I thank everyone for the encouragement. Not weighing myself will give me one less thing to cry about. I sometimes hate being a girl. I don't like being a cry baby.Nevertheless, I will continue to workout. I love the TOTAL GYM and my own bootcamp. This will take time.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Step away from the scale!!! My Aunt Flow dropped by on Monday and I have refrained from weighing myself since... next Monday I'll find out the damage...
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day. I see lots of folks who never ever like weighing themselves, though... so. That part is totally up to you :)

Last month I gained 0.6 lbs that week, then lost 3.4 lbs the next week. Try to remind yourself to keep the same pattern you've had, healthy eating habits, getting out there and exercising, getting plenty of sleep... and you'll lose weight :) even if it has to be the week after at twice as much, it will happen.

Drink more water than usual and DEFINITELY exercise. The days during that week that I don't exercise are the days I feel my absolute worst. It helps me SO much.