Concerned..

Options
Hey Everyone!

Hope you all have had a good day, thought i would start out by saying that! Anyways, I'm set at 1200 calories per day and I usually eat around, or less than that because i eat so many vegetables, so the calorie count doesn't go up very high. After I work out, its even less than 1200 cause i typically burn 500 cals or more in one session, six days a week. I don't want to screw up, and i'm set at 1.5 pounds a week to lose.. I don't want to screw up here, lose it and then gain it all back later on! Am I doing this right? Up until now, i've had a steady loss of 1 pounds per week.. i just don't want to plateau or gain any back from being in all technicality, starvation mode. thanks!

Replies

• prencesskl
    Options
    a long as you hit 1200 you shouldn't go into starvation mode, but if your exercising 500 off 6x a week, you may want to consider eating back some of them, most people on here seem to think 1/2 is good; ) good luck!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    Options
    Hi, good job on trying to lose weight.

I think that 1200 is low in the first place, and if you are not eating up to 1200 and you are still going ahead to burn 500 calories, that is definitely not a good thing.

It may work for you now, but in the long run-it might pose a problem. You need to figure out a way to get more calories into your meals, and in case you haven't noticed, eating exercise calories is big around here. So you might want to get creative with your meals. Good luck, you can do it!
  • missy0404
    missy0404 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked that question...I was wondering the same thing myself..
  • kafff
    kafff Posts: 14
    Options
    Sounds similar to my situation. I am eating 1200 cals or a little less, workout and burn approx 400-500 cals 5-6 days per week. Ths is week 4 and I have lost week 1, 6lbs, week 2, 2lbs, week 3, 2lbs. This past week I didn't cheat and gained a pound. It sucks but I know I'm doing everything right so I know it will all level out soon and I will get back to loosing. I think it's all part of the journey!