HRMs

Options
I've been seeing a lot of talk of people getting HRMs and how they love them. I was just wondering what brand or type does everyone suggest that's at a reasonable price?

Thank you!!

Replies

• peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Polar with the chest strap. bought on their site. Love it. What ever you decide make sure it will let you put in your weight because some don't and depending on your weight you lose more or less during your exercise.
  • peggybrant
    peggybrant Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    sorry forgot to tell you how much. 119 with shipping FT7 is my model
  • LauraAkaTigger
    LauraAkaTigger Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I also have a polar with chest strap!! I love it!! the chest strap is actually quite comfortable..its great to see the cals melting away!!! and its great to see effort = to heart rate increase & cal burn

Good luck!!
  • NicoleMarie00
    NicoleMarie00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thank you!! :)
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Mine is New Balance and I got it at Kohls online/clearance for around $30. I have always heard Polar is good - more money though. And mine is just a watch so i don't trust the calories....but I didn't want to mess with the chest strap :(
  • daddyzgurl
    Options
    I also have a polar with chest strap- it's awesome. F7 is the model, I think. I got mine fairly cheap on Ebay and didn't really start loosing weight until I began using it.
  • jessicayoung82
    jessicayoung82 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Polar FT7, but I have not used it yet.

After reading the instructions, I don't understand getting the band wet... I don't get it.
  • kacka68
    kacka68 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a garmin F60 model - cost $199 AUD. It comes with chest strap and software that does auto (wireless) transfer of your data to your own "dashboard" on line. Whenever I walk within 5m of my computer, the auto transfer thing happens! it's great for comparing your last activities, and gives you a print out of your heart rate (in a graph) so you can see where you're working hard (and where you're not).

You can also get a foot pod thing, which measures distance and pace (if you're into running, which I'm not). Othe models also have GPS links, so it makes and measures your route. I love it!! Thank you to my lovely husband who bought it for me for Christmas.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I just got the Polar FT4 yesterday for $90. I used it for the first time at the gym today. The calories were exactly what the ellpitical said. I did some free weights and some lat pulldowns and I was able to see that I burned 60 calories doing that. It was nice to know because before I had no idea how many calories I was burning doing weights. The chest strap is compfortable and I really like my hrm.
  • patsyleb
    Options
    I like to swim. Are these HRM's waterproof?
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I like to swim. Are these HRM's waterproof?

I don't know about all of them, but most of them seem to be merely water resistant.

I have the Polar FT4, and really love it ($75 on Amazon). Getting one with a chest strap is best.