victories bigger than weight loss!

Options
MobiusMan
MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
Today, I checked in with the PA at my place of employment as I do every Tuesday and Thursday. My BP was 108/72. she mentioned that i might need to have my Dr. adjust my meds since this was pretty low and I had lost "so much weight". I called the Dr. and he cut my meds in half and will evaluate their need in two weeks. Boooo Ya!

THANK you ALL. This is your victory too!

Replies

• AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    That is amazing...good for you...what a victory!!!
  • determinedx3
    determinedx3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That is totally awesome! Good job and Congrats to you! :-)
  • imperfectlyhere
    Options
    good for you!
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    Good for you! I was just put on BP meds last week. I am determined to get off of them as soon as possible through healthy choices. Thank you for showing me that it can be done!
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    way to go, good job!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Love it! Congrats!
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Woot woot!!
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's great! Congrats!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    absolutely fabulous!!! :-D Congrats!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I was on a hypertension medication too. My normal readings at my heaviest were around the 140/110 range. I lost so much weight that I had to stop it myself because I had a reading of 106/39 the other day. Right now it's 116/56, 2 days after stopping it. At least I don't feel like passing out as much as I used to for the past month.

But yes, weight loss does lower BP, cholesterol, and glucose [I'm also a diabetic]. Exercise does, indeed, do wonders.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's a real victory.

The same happened to me. My BP went down over 20 points, and now I won't have to go on meds!!
  • MobiusMan
    Options
    Good for you! I was just put on BP meds last week. I am determined to get off of them as soon as possible through healthy choices. Thank you for showing me that it can be done!
    Not off yet, but I will be. Also a diabetic but showing a huge improvement and hopefully will be moving toward no meds there too
  • Fat_Chopper
    Fat_Chopper Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Not off yet, but I will be. Also a diabetic but showing a huge improvement and hopefully will be moving toward no meds there too

Damn, I had my eye on your hiking gear! :grumble:

Seriously, this is what it's all about mate. Seeing your health improve makes me happy, so thank you!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! Congratulations!
    am hoping to hear the same sorta thing from my Dr as time (and my determination) progresses.
    Hearing it is happening for you inspires me to hope for the same for me.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    congratulations! thats awesome
    :-)
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    That is great news!!!!
  • MobiusMan
    Options

Damn, I had my eye on your hiking gear! :grumble:

Seriously, this is what it's all about mate. Seeing your health improve makes me happy, so thank you!
    Not quite ready to check out yet Andrew. I'll give you first dibs if things start going south...don't hold your breath.
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    That's what its all about, great job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!