If you can't afford new jeans as you lose weight, try this.

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkissheek
    Options
    BUMP!
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Do you cut one side or both? This is a fantastic tip and like one of the other posters said...you can't save your "fat clothes" just in case. I did that...BIG MISTAKE.

Both sides, equal amounts - otherwise you'll have a crazy Quasimodo look going on. :)

LOL!
  • MollyNan
    MollyNan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great tip! I will keep this in mind when I need it - and I AM going to need this! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Nicole114
    Options
    Bump
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Pssst, you don't even have to cut them if you don't want to. Just sew them up as if they were cut. This way you can still donate the jeans to either another person of size or to charity. If you have trouble sewing them over that huge mass of cloth there at the side seem you can move back a bit to make the new seem between the side seem and the back pocket. I have ALWAYS had the issue of the large hips and much smaller waist, and have had to do this my entire life. :ohwell:
  • noveleigh
    noveleigh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting this. My jeans are already starting to fit loose and I was starting to wonder the same thing. I also like MzBug's idea of not cutting the jeans so that they can be donated. :D
  • Gemini_at_36
    Gemini_at_36 Posts: 207
    Options
    Awsome idea, thanks. And congrats on your weight loss.:flowerforyou:
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love it...great idea, thanks!
  • Trinity0210
    Options
    AWESOME! i only know what to do when your gaining weight :P
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome idea!!!
  • CherrySunday
    CherrySunday Posts: 301
    Options
    OMG, what a great idea!! I had not even thought of doing it that way!! I'm so excited now, because I have a fave pair of jeans, that I actually had to hem, cause they were dragging extra now with the lost weight.. but the waist and back area are getting more and more loose -- I was totally afraid I'd have to give them up, but I'm totally gonna try this!! Thank you!!
  • mericksmom
    mericksmom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    P4L
  • gimpykatk
    gimpykatk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't sew but I know a few friends that do. This is a keeper thanks.