weight loss pills

Options
so i am going to give the jillian rapid weight loss system a try. has anyone used it before? if so, what did you get out of it? did it help any? how did it make you feel?

Replies

• NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Drugs are bad, mmkay?
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Drugs are bad, mmkay?

What he said.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Yep what he said!!!
  • 388gigi
    388gigi Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Drugs are bad, mmkay?

haha
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I've been down that road (the pill road, that is), and several others. IMHO, weight loss doesnt come in a bottle. Ok, so maybe it works short term, but if it all comes back and then some. And yo yo dieting is really really bad for your metabolism.

The only way to lose weight and make it a sustainable, healthy, life long change that is good for your body and your soul, is to move more, eat less. Manage your calorie intake and burn off excess calories. Create a calorie deficit in a healthy and responsible way that keeps your body healthy and strong and avoids putting your body into starvation mode. Teach yourself about solid nutrition. Avoid fad diets. Go with what is proven to be healthy and reasonable.

To each his own, but since you asked....two thumbs down for pills from me.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Drugs are bad, mmkay?

What he said.
    Ditto! hahaha Although, JM is usually pretty focused on clean...
    BUT REAL FOOD is the answer... always ;)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Most diet pills contain high amounts of caffeine to curb your appetite and give you energy. But, caffeine is a stimulant and it actually stresses your body and makes your body produce cortisol, which promotes fat storage. So, they're counterproductive in that sense. Diet pills, especially ones sold over the internet, are not well tested or regulated. They can often contain harmful drugs and compounds that have serious negative health side effects. Plus, they don't teach you how to keep the weight off if you lose it at all.

Your best bet is to stick with MFP. Eat a healthy balanced diet full of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and low fat dairy, and drink at least 8 glasses of water each day. And get some exercise too!
  • sPUNKy11
    Options
    DIET PILLS JUST FOR NOW...I JUST STARTED TAKING OXYPROELITE(39.99 AT GNC) AND I THINK ITS PRETTY AWESOME I JUST TAKE IT IN THE MORNING BEFORE MY RUN AND IT GIVES ME THAT EXTRA UMPH SO I CAN RUN A LITTLE LONGER AND FASTER....AND ITS BEEN GOING GOOD SO FAR...8LBS OFF IN NO TIME...YOU SHOULD LOOK UP THE REVIEWS AND HOW OTHER PEOPLE COMMENTS ON IT, THATS HOW I FOUND THE OXYPROELITE....GOOD LUCK!!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    just being honest here but unless it has ephedrine like the pills in the 90s and early 00s before it was banned, then they arne't effective. and hers don't contain that soo. yeah.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Just say no. If you want real, sustained weight loss you need to make lifestyle change because once you get off the pills you will go back to doing exactly what you were doing before that made you gain in the past. You will be wasting your time and money.
  • Emmylou852
    Options
    well heck! LOL! guess that does away with that!!!!!! i haven't used them before or any other kind but i thought it woudl give me a boost?? ok ok! i'll bring them back! LOL

i just want to see soem results! i did so good and lost 8 pounds but then gained back 2 and haven't lost anything more, kinda been the same..... i'm not even motivated from the stagnant state! LOL
  • Emmylou852
    Options
    Drugs are bad, mmkay?

ROFL!!!!! love it!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    well heck! LOL! guess that does away with that!!!!!! i haven't used them before or any other kind but i thought it woudl give me a boost?? ok ok! i'll bring them back! LOL

i just want to see soem results! i did so good and lost 8 pounds but then gained back 2 and haven't lost anything more, kinda been the same..... i'm not even motivated from the stagnant state! LOL
    avoid processed foods, get in lots of fruits and veggies, lean protein and whole grains. Keep MOVING! It will happen, you just have to keep pushing!!!
    A nonstop learning process! :-D