Working from Home

Options
One of the biggest challenges that I have had with weight is working from home. When I used to go to an office everyday, it was easy to put myself on a schedule. The temptation was not there. However, since I moved my office home, I find that I walk by the refrigerator several times a day. It became a habit to just grab something quick and go. Normally, it was something that I did not need to spend much time preparing. It was usually something ready to go that was not healthy to eat. I am trying to change those habits and eat healthy food. Does anyone else spend all day at home and have the same challenges? If so, how do you plan for the meals? What works for you?

Replies

• chelamg12
    chelamg12 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I also work from home. It is hard to stick to an office schedule but I try most days to do it. I try and make sure I eat at the same time every day and I try and make sure not to go to the kitchen unless it is to get water. Make sure you have healthy food that way if you are tempted to eat it is fruit or veggies. It will take time...but you can do it!!!!!!!!
  • Delphi
    Delphi Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I work from home and it was a struggle at first as well. I started preparing meals ahead of time, so I could take a break and heat it up quickly and be back to work in no time and still have a healthy, filling meal. Goodluck!
  • Franksgreengirl
    Options
    I am having the same issue. Because I am a SAHM now I am trying to create or simulate a corporate schedule for myself. I hope it will regulate my eating and exercise regimen.
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I also work at home. The biggest thing for me has been not buying things I know will tempt me. I have to keep certain hours, but it's still tempting to whip up a quick batch of brownies (sad to say I have the recipe memorized!) For awhile, I couldn't even keep eggs in the house because I knew I'd bake something. After getting over that temptation, it's been helpful to preplan my meals and snacks and when I'll eat them. And drinking lots of ice water with a splash of lemon or lime juice helps too.

Good luck finding something that works for you!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I work from home as well, but if the temptation is not there, you can't have it. So you must rid the house of the temptations. Now I buy my kids things I have no desire to eat, but are yet healthy for them i.e. granola bars (I despise them).