Energy Lag Mid-Morning and Mid-Afternoon

Options
The last few days I've noticed a MAJOR lag in my energy around these times -- I can see that my breakfast probably needs to be bigger and more filling, but I think I also need to have a dedicated snack time. Maybe a couple hours after breakfast and an hour or two after lunch. I've never been the type to snack (mainly because I used to consume such ridiculous portions) so I'm not sure what kind of energy-boosting, quick snacks I could tackle. I'm vegetarian and don't really care for most dairy (though I will eat cheese) but I'm open to anything else if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks!

Replies

• aklindsay
    aklindsay Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i'm a vegetarian too. i like carrots and hummus or hummus and pretzel crisps. or a cup of yogurt. especially if it's one of those 80 calorie cups. the one's i get at kroger are carbmaster and have like 12 grams of protein!
  • imagineaballoon
    Options
    I haaaaaate raw carrots but I LOVE me some hummus. I never thought to try it with pretzels. I will give that a shot. I have a lot of yogurt in the fridge, too, so I can maybe try those two things tomorrow and see if I feel better. I swear, I sometimes feel like losing weight and getting fit would be so much easier if I could just nom on some chicken breasts. Heh.
  • mama_mia3
    Options
    ALMONDS!!! I measured out 30 of them on my food scale for a single serving for 170 calories. I'm a nut nut, so I eat them all in one setting, but half in the morning and half in afternoon would be a good little 'pick me up'.
  • imagineaballoon
    Options
    I almost bought some almonds tonight, too. :< I shall add them to my grocery list!