Do detoxes work? Any recommendations?

Options
Hey guys, I'm thinking of trying some kind of a detox to purify my body... any suggestions? (or reasons not to do one)

Thanks!

Replies

• SafariLara
    Options
    bump
  • ebruns
    Options
    everything i've ever heard about them is pretty nasty. they pretty much starve your body of nutrients than u r so hungry afterwards/your metabolism gets so jacked up, u end up gaining a lot of weight after them. so everything i've heard, especially from doctors is cleanses=bad.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    One of my trainer friends sent me an email on a detox... it goes for 2 weeks... basically you take out all preservatives, completely! If you'd like I can send it to you? It's like 13 pages long of what to eat what not to and all sorts of stuff... let me know :)
  • nilisabel
    Options
    a preservative cleanse or a dye cleanse or a sugar substitute cleanse - those are the only cleanses that sound good to me, and they sound REALLY good to me! but make sure that your food is fresh if you are doing a preservative-free lifestyle, you don't want botulism...

about the bad list of cleanses: the cayenne powder/molasses/etc cleanse, water fast, enema (colonic cleanse) are all terrible ideas. They are sooo unhealthy. losing weight is easy but it takes commitment and time. that's all. What is hard is coming back from the health problems these can cause and I mean water toxicity, kidney failure, protein deficiency, intestinal problems ugh. the list is long and not pretty in terms of symptoms. oh yeah, and theoretically, you could die if you mess up your electrolytes bad enough.
  • davedude86
    Options
    go drink some water down in mexico.....lmfao
  • nilisabel
    Options
    When I feel like I need a cleanse and all that idea entails - i.e. starting over, purifying myself, getting rid of negativity - I go superficial, because that is where it belongs! It is a deep concept central to many major religions, but even in the bible while they talk about fasts, they talk more about bathing and annointing. Do a makeover, cut or dye your hair, have a spa day (and if you can't afford one, times being what they are) have an at-home spa day - you just need a few kitchen ingredients! Avocado/olive oil hair mask, sugar and face soap face scrub, massage your feet with peppermint lotion. Love yourself and praise yourself for being a beautiful creation, and cleanse yourself in the healthiest, most respectful way.