Hi I'm new today 2/1

Options
My name is Maggie and I saw this site on Parents Magazine. I decided to check it out. I work in an active office enviorment so I do walk frequently however it's not consistant. I need tips on healthy eating and easy exercise. I have the Wii and I'm going to start using it. Today was my start day but I got really sick and had to leave work early. So I ended up in bed all day. So I need alot of motivation. I have a big exersice ball but I can't seem to balance myself on it, any suggestions? Thank you.:happy:

Replies

• Athaiguy
    Athaiguy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you can do it one day at a time welcome !
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    welcome! add me as a friend! would love to have you! and that balance ball? activate your abs while you sit on it and make sure it is the right size... I'm not sure exactly what size for height so look it up... and then switch out your office chair with the exercise ball... it will work wonders!!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi Maggi, I'm new here as well... just stay positive! You can do this, and this site makes it really easy and fun! I've kind of gotten addicted to getting on and adding my foods and exercise and seeing where I am at the end of the day. Welcome, and add me if you like :) The more friends you add on here the more motivation you have to keep going and working towards your goals!
  • rebrafe
    Options
    Hey there! I am pretty new here too - only a couple of days, so I am in for the long haul also, but really enjoying this site and meeting some really great people. Add me as a friend - I need motivation too :)
  • Anita1271
    Options
    Hi! This is a great site to help you stay motivated! Everyone has to start somewhere, just take it one day at a time! As for the exercise ball, that's my favorite! It works your abs & helps your balance.
  • marciehr
    Options
    Hi Maggie, My suggestion is not to give up! My first two weeks I did not see any results and was doing everything right, so I thought. I wasn't excersing enough and eating the right stuff, but thanks to this site I sticked to it and now have lost 20 lb in 3 months. It won't happend over night but in time you will see results sticking to your calorie count and exercise. My exercise is cardio as you burn more calories this way. The ball is a hard tool to use, so if its a new tool to you dont give up on it but use it only when you have someone to help you. Good luck and please add me as a friend and glad to answer any questions.:smile::smile: :smile: