Day vs Night workouts

Options
whats ur opinion... Or is there any basis to what time of day to work out? Does it really make a difference w/ weight loss?

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    NO!!!....i work out from 9pm to 12am....I have more energy by then. It all depends on how you feel.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I've heard it really doesn't matter when you workout... it matters more on what you are putting in your body.... I usually workout at night because it's easier for me, sometimes I try and fit it in in the morning as well as night
  • justinmcdaniel83
    Options
    The only real difference in my opinion is based on which time works best for you. I've tried to workout in the mornings and I can not do it. I love to workout at night and even if I'm not going out for a run until 10 p.m. it works best for me and I'm much more likely to do it if I go at night.
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I dont think there is a 'best time of day' workout... i think its just whatever works best for you...
    I workout as soon as I wake up- set my alarm for 5.30am and go straight to the gym, that way in the afternoon if i "cant be bothered" i know ive already gone!

I also workout alot after work, I find it a stress releaser from work haha
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter in terms of weight loss. But, morning workouts can give you more energy for the day and evening workouts can make it harder to fall asleep at night.
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I think exercise is best...... morning, afternoon, night who cares as long as you're moving! It's a beautiful thing :) oh and just a fun fact, did you know exercise is cumulative? That means you don't have to do it all at once to still see benefits! So if you can only squeeze in 20 minutes in the morning, 10 minutes on your lunch break, and 30 minutes after dinner you still reached your 60 minutes a day goal!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    When YOU have the energy to give it your ALL... that is the best time. Everyone's time is different! :-D Just KILL IT! hehe
  • tmorford
    Options
    Paul Rogers wrote:
    "I get asked this question often and I always manage to avoid giving a definitive answer. The reason? There is no universally perfect time to train because it depends on a host of personal variables. Even so, there are factors worth considering that may help you optimize your productivity -- whether for weight training, cardio or anything in between.

Apart from the time constraints in our daily lives, one primary consideration is how your "body clock" functions, and how this affects your hormones and other purposeful body chemicals over the spectrum of daily activities."

find it at http://weighttraining.about.com/od/techniquesandstrategies/a/training_time.htm
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i hate working out in the morning. I'm not hydrated enough (though I drink 3-4 litres of water everyday minimum), I don't have the energy, and I don't push myself.

Therefore, I work out in the afternoon or eveing depending on my shift work schedule

do what works for you. if you're the type that won't work out in the evening after work/school/whatever, then maybe it's time to get up early :smile:
  • whatupskinnyjeans
    whatupskinnyjeans Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm not a morning person but when I working in the morning I feel more energy n like my bodys burning the cals I eat fast- meaning I think it boosts my metabolism more... Just wanted to see what people think! Thanks