Fixing my HRM

Options
Ok, I have a men's sportsline...and it was working awesome up until yesterday. I was burning tons of calories, and then yesterday I did cardio for an hour, sweating my *kitten* off, and my HRM said I burned 45 calories...That's crap! I've had the damn thing for two months and now all of a sudden it decides not to work? so how far back are my calories wrong? One minute I'm burning thousand and some odd calories and the next I can burn more running up the stairs than an hour of kinect Your Shape. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? I even licked it (lol don't judge, I was desperate)

Thank-you

Replies

• mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    licked it? rofl. hmm i dont know maybe you need to send it back to manufacturer. i have a sportline and havent had any problems although many here will say stay away from sportline and get a polar or even a body bug
  • paulagabay
    Options
    my polar is great. I would say send it back to the manufactorar. It is a defective piece of crap.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    licked it? rofl. hmm i dont know maybe you need to send it back to manufacturer. i have a sportline and havent had any problems although many here will say stay away from sportline and get a polar or even a body bug

lol it said on the website to "get it wet" so i licked it
  • dieselveins
    dieselveins Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would call the manufacture and speak to some one first off.. it could be something as easy as the battery may be going on it. Otherwise just return it and get a polar. I love my polar F7 ... good luck.
  • raidloq
    Options
    Ok, I have a men's sportsline...and it was working awesome up until yesterday. I was burning tons of calories, and then yesterday I did cardio for an hour, sweating my *kitten* off, and my HRM said I burned 45 calories...That's crap! I've had the damn thing for two months and now all of a sudden it decides not to work? so how far back are my calories wrong? One minute I'm burning thousand and some odd calories and the next I can burn more running up the stairs than an hour of kinect Your Shape. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? I even licked it (lol don't judge, I was desperate)

Thank-you

I'm not sure I really trust those HRM cal counters anyway. I'm also playing Kinect games (YourShape, Dance Central, Sports) and what they report in the game *feels* about right (lets say ~300cal for a session), while my HRM software claims it is more like ~750cal, which feels excessive. I dunno about the formula they use for those things.

The HRM I'm using seems quite accurate (Zephyr HxM w/ a bluethooth interface for smartphones), as far as heart rate averaging/peak/etc, I am just not convinced on what the various software reports on the cals burned.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I bought a sportsline and it did the same thing to me. It did it the very next day though and I was able to take it back. If you take it back to walmart dont bring the reciept, I think if you tell them its 2 months old they will refer you to the manufacturer. I wound up buying a Polar FT7, still havent figured all of it out but seems really good so far :)