Hello I am new to this site

Options
Hi my name is Jana and I am loosing weight in 2008! Please help with any commments or advice you may have.
I have always struggled with my weight, but it is coming off this year!

Replies

• Jana777
    Options
    Hi my name is Jana and I am loosing weight in 2008! Please help with any commments or advice you may have.
    I have always struggled with my weight, but it is coming off this year!
  • rperr30
    rperr30 Posts: 35
    Options
    Hi Jana and welcome.

Try not to stress yourself out about losing weight and dont give up just because you have had a bad day! I have just learnt that even with one FREE day a week you can still lose weight!

Drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruit and veg with meals.

Most of the time you are telling yourself you are hungry when really your not! Its physcological

Good Luck!
  • JoyceDoerr
    Options
    Hello Jana and Welcome! :smile:

It is great that you have that determined attitude! That alone is half the battle. Just remember that if you ever need support, you will always have a lot of it here!

I am fairly new myself, but this site is great!
  • Kristi78
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Kristi

Well here I am again at the beginning of the year and everyone is talking about losing weight as their New Year's resolution. Well last year I lost 44 pounds during a Biggest Loser Office Challenge but I have gained most of that back. I am promising myself this year that I will strive to be healthier (physiclaly, mentally, and emotionally) -- not just lose pounds. Yes our office is doing the challenge again this year but don't know if I will join it as it begins next Monday and not sure if that is a healthy thing for me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Monday.
  • GwenRamsey
    Options
    Hi, Jana, and I am also new to this site, but I think it is a wonderful tool to track your food, exercise and progress, because it tells you at the end of your entry where you will be in five weeks if you continue. For me, that's a REAL motivator. I've always been told that I need to track what I eat, but this is the easiest way to do it that I've seen yet!
  • tessa681
    tessa681 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi and welcome.....This site is amazing and I've recommended it to everyone I know!!! Good Luck!

Let us know if there is anything you need!!!

Stephanie
  • rockymtnguy
    Options
    Hi Jana, welcome. Set obtainable goals, don't get impatient. Put a diet plan together, and then follow it. If you want to change your lifestyle you will, if not you won't it's that simple. If you need motivation, the folks here will assist you with any conflicts you encounter I assure. This is a group of doer's and everyone should be proud of yourselves, for the network you have here. Congratulations to all !!!:smile:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    Good luck, we can do it, I say we because we are all in this together.:drinker: (water, water and more water, help I'm drowning! LOL).
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome to you,, my advice is to do something good for yourself and when you think you need to eat try amking yourselve busy doing other things,, never give up and if you mess up on occasion ooohh well there is always tomorrow!!!!!!!!! good luck
  • PattyH
    PattyH Posts: 34
    Options
    Welcome Jana

One of the most important things is to stay positive, even when you have a slip (bound to happen now and then). When you fall just brush off the dust and keep going forward! It always helps to have support and encouragement from others that are going through the same thing!

Good Luck to you and God bless your efforts!
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck