2.1.11, new and full of questions.

Options
So here I am, ready to change my eating habits and hopefully lose weight. My problem is that I can't eat much, or I'll feel really sick to my stomach. I always allow myself to eat when I feel hungry. But I generally only take in about 800 calories. And after a work-out, I go down to about 600. I hear so many contradictory things. Eat frequently or eat only when hungry. Make sure to get enough calories or don't take calories and you'll lose. Another problem is the getting calories without feeling sick...

And exercise. Do I push til it hurts or stop before then? And if I'm sore do I take a rest day or push through to build strength?

I'm a mess...lol.

~Kate

Replies

• kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating small amounts of things like one meal for breakfast, snack at 10, lunch at 12, snack at 2, dinner at 7?

and snacks only need to be things like apples or something? Because if you're working out too, you're not going to have much energy? make sure you drinks lots of water too!

I find working out till it hurts satisfy's me more! I've been seeing alot of changes since ive had my trainer :)

goodluck!
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    well I'm pretty new to this as well.

I keep hearing you need to eat your calories given for a day... um have you ever thought of meal replacement shakes? they might help to give you more calories in the day, just don't replace a meal with it... maybe drink half of it with a meal, and see how you feel?

I usually just keep going with the exercise, and if I'm sore the next day I feel that I did good and I try and go at it again the next day.

Nice to meet you Kate! And welcome to the site, it's a lot of fun
  • kiannlouise
    kiannlouise Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ohhh and one rest day a week! I tend do workout even when im sore because it makes that pain go away :)
  • jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Kate, welcome. Glad you joined, this site is great for finding answers and getting motivation from friends from all over in the world. I am sorry about feeling sick to your stomach. I have learned that you should eat about 6 times a day. Doing this keeps your metabolism running, when your metabolism slows down your body goes into fat storing mode not knowing when it will eat again. I have also heard that you should at least eat 1200 calories a day, as well as eat back what you burn off.

Not sure why your stomach is bothering you, might try seeing if the Dr, has any suggestions. Try adding in more fruits and vegetables to help. I bet when your eating habits change your stomach might start to feel better, I have noticed my frequent headaches have decreased significantly, and when I don't eat so healthy my stomach starts yelling at me, lol...

As for the exercising. Start slow, don't push too hard and injure yourself. I would limit yourself to x amount of exercise a day, so many days a week, eventually your body will start to get used to it and you get add more on.

Good Luck with this, you can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like!
  • KateHumphrey
    Options
    Thanks guys :)

I'm trying eating slightly smaller amounts at meals to see if I can eat again sooner.

My body just gets really sore after a couple days. Maybe I'm doing too much? I'll cut myself some slack there, too.

Thanks again for the advice!