So darn hungry... help!

Options
I need ideas... please help. I want to feel satisfied!

Replies

• Luisan
    Luisan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    mushroms
    tons of it
  • dan_jones
    dan_jones Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Try eating this, it's good and filling.

Green Giant - Valley Fresh Steamers W/Sauce (Roasted Red Potatoes, Green Beans & Rosemary Butter Sauce)

Dan
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    I think if you're not satisfied on the calories you're on then increase them. I eat between 1700 and 2200 daily and I'm losing weight. I just make sure that I exercise most days.

Also, big glasses of fluids help. I always have a big mug of de-caf coffee after my meals.
  • MegaMech
    MegaMech Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Are you really hungry? I find that when I feel that "I'm so darned hungry" feeling... I'm not actually hungy.. i'm missing my old habits and my old comforts... sometimes I'll have a bite of what I miss.. but I try to just get my mind off of it. Stay with it please!
  • PoAer
    PoAer Posts: 17
    Options
    Water through out the day usually works, just make sure you drink throughout the day in small sips to keep yourself hydrated and full. Sometimes when you feel hungry that's just another way that your body is telling you that you are dehydrated. I hope this is helpful! :)
  • fatjack4134
    Options
    I agree my doctor once told me that when I was hungry when I know I should be full was my body's way of telling me that I am needing to drink something like water or juice. I tend to drink alot of water with crushed ice chewing on the ice gives me feeling that I am eating food. I only do the ice things when I am over m y calorie count for the day which is usally never. Maybe this migth help.
  • fitbot
    fitbot Posts: 406
    Options
    oooo luckymam, that sounds like a really bad idea. (drinking decaf, or coffee or anything really after meals)

if you want to use liquids to fill you up you should be drinking BEFORE your meals, and i suggest drinking minimum 20 min before you eat.
    drinking immediately after your meals can give you all sorts of intestinal problems...i myself know that if i drink anything directly after a meal i feel sluggish and almost nautious afterwards.
    drinking anything with caffeine or decaf itself can destroy the nutrients and minerals in the food you consumed before they have a chance to get absorbed by your body. so while you are losing weight you might not necessarily be doing it in a healthy way....
  • CobraBubbles
    Options
    Are you getting enough dietary fat & protein?
  • alissaloved
    Options
    Thanks everyone... yowere all helpful.

I think the dehydrated thing is right, I am not craving any food I am just hungry but I will try to drink more. I think protein is something I will look into.

Great!:happy:
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yeah - I also struggle with trying to figure out if I am hungry or just wanting to eat something. I am really learning there is a HUGE difference between the two. I have used the "I am hungry" excuse which has resulted in countless UNNEEDED and HARMFUL calories. Now if I think I am hungry but KNOW I am not...I get up and go do something that would take my mind off it and that really works. If I am still "hungry" 30 minutes later than I find an appropriate snack.

I also drink as much water as I can stand all throughout the day.
  • theidarisafa
    Options
    for me, I get the same way.

Try eating smaller amounts of food more often.

I eat 5-7 times a day. 200-500 calories(200 for snacks) 500 for meals.

of course these aren't hard limits. and my calorie count may be higher.

also try to inergrate protein each time you eat. cheese, milk, nuts, meat. all of these things when eaten with carbs slow down the spike that you get afterwards. Also it slows down that sudden downer when your body floods your system with insulin.

I'm just saying what worked for me. Eating more food to be less hungry is what got most of us where we are now.

What you want to do is prime your metabolism to be burning calories so that your body stops storing fat. By eating more often and smaller amounts its like putting smalll amounts of wood on a fire. The fire constantly burns up the fuel and needs more.

If you eat a really big meal or don't eat enough or the right type, it messes with your insulin levels and you get the highs and lows.

again, just my own experience. I get light headed when I don't eat enough or eat the wrong combo of foods when dieting.

eating just simple carbs, I get hungry and just want more and more. Eating big heavy meals, I feel bloated and sick.

so for me, I had to find a balance. I'm still trying to do whatever I can to be a better healthier version of myself.