ON A REALLY REALLY LONG ROAD!

Options
Hi! Names Melanie. I am 31, 2 kids and was at 412lbs~!!!!!!!! 412. Jesus! I got my a@@ off of the couch and computer...got a membership to a gym....consume 1500 calories a day...I am proud to say, I have lost 13 lbs since Dec. 20th, 2007.. I weigh 399lbs. For the first time in 6 years, I weigh under 400lbs! YES I AM HAPPY! YES I WILL CONTINUE! YES I WILL FAIL BUT I WILL NOT BLAME MYSELF.
I will move on and continue excercising! IT is a long road to 200 lbs. I will make it, eventually! LOL! Any one in here that feels "I just cant get off the couch" just try:wink: . I only lost 13 lbs and I can actually breath better and sleep better. Who kbnows what 50 will feel like:smile: Good luck to everyone, at any weight! Your dreams will come, step by step!

Replies

• melaniedwalker
    Options
    Hi! Names Melanie. I am 31, 2 kids and was at 412lbs~!!!!!!!! 412. Jesus! I got my a@@ off of the couch and computer...got a membership to a gym....consume 1500 calories a day...I am proud to say, I have lost 13 lbs since Dec. 20th, 2007.. I weigh 399lbs. For the first time in 6 years, I weigh under 400lbs! YES I AM HAPPY! YES I WILL CONTINUE! YES I WILL FAIL BUT I WILL NOT BLAME MYSELF.
    I will move on and continue excercising! IT is a long road to 200 lbs. I will make it, eventually! LOL! Any one in here that feels "I just cant get off the couch" just try:wink: . I only lost 13 lbs and I can actually breath better and sleep better. Who kbnows what 50 will feel like:smile: Good luck to everyone, at any weight! Your dreams will come, step by step!
  • TLR165
    TLR165 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is great! Welcome to the group!:flowerforyou:
  • MissMe9669
    Options
    Hi Melanie! I am on a long road myself... I have a lil over 100lbs to lose.... :ohwell: I am here if u need someone to talk to!

Melissa
  • MissMe9669
    Options
    Hi Melanie! I am on a long road myself... I have a lil over 100lbs to lose.... :ohwell: I am here if u need someone to talk to!

Melissa
  • Newmein08
    Options
    Hey,
    I have a long road ahead of me as well. I have over 100 lbs to lose and I keep telling myself .
    "1 pound at a time".

We'll get there.
    Good Luck!!
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    Options
    Congrats Melanie!! I'm rootin for ya! You will reach your goals....we all will!!

Naj:smile:
  • stargirlie
    Options
    well done on your weight loss, we all know how hard it is, i have another 60 lbs to lose, but am on a bit of a stand still at the moment, we WILL get there!! :wink:

lots of best wishes to you all x :flowerforyou:
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Whoooo Hoooo! GREAT! :bigsmile:
    I also, have about 70+ to loose, so I'm here for ya also!

GOOD LUCK!:flowerforyou:
  • mshilara23
    mshilara23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job! I wish you much success on your journey. When I originally started, I wanted to lose 112 lbs. Now I only need to lose 20. The time goes by faster than you think. Set small goals as it can be very overwhelming to look at the big picture sometimes. I chipped away at mine in 10 lb. incriments. You can do this :) Keep up the good work!!
  • deanna72777
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you on your journey. I just started working out and eating better on Monday.
    I have 100 lbs to lose to get to where I was when I got married and before my 4 children. I am really determined to do this. Continue on and go at it one day at a time.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Melanie-You should be proud. You are doing an amazing job. Way to go. You seem like you are very focused and ready. That is the key. Positive attitude. I wish you so much luck on your new life.
    YOU CAN DO THIS.
    Keep up the great work.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Renee
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You can do this Melanie. I am so proud of you making the choice to get healthy. I know its a long road but you can absolutely do it. 13 lbs since Dec is absolutely awesome. Welcome to the site. I can't wait to see you suceed.

:flowerforyou:
  • PattyH
    PattyH Posts: 34
    Options
    Way to go Melanie!!

Getting started can be the toughest part! I know that I've had a hard time trying to start, but now that I have and I found this great web site, I'm excited about losing weight! I have a long road ahead of me as well, but we can do it ONE POUND at a time!! :wink:
    LET'S DO IT!!:drinker:

If you need to talk, I'm just a message away!! :smile:
  • brazeaut
    brazeaut Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats Melanie! I think you have already succeeded at your first step...starting. Next step, new habits. WE all know how hard it is to make new habits. I don't remember who said it but small goals is really the way to go. And I don't even mean weight loss goals. First goal, get start...boom you did that. Second goal, new eating habits...this one takes a while as we all know we start off great and then...have a bad day, bad emotionally, bad foodwise...but the biggest mistake people make is seeing this as defeat. Remember, tomorrow is a new day and you can begin again. Third goal, is really learning your emotional triggers and learn of new ways to handle them, meaning maybe take a walk instead of a snack. Call a workout friend...there are many things you can do and I am sure many here could share their ideas.

Most important, stay positive, stay focused, it's ok to have a bad day, don't beat yourself up over it. I am proud that you are starting...this is a life change. Anyone who tells you that you can stop exercising or eating healthy when you reach your goal weight is sadly mistaken. Make this a life choice sweetie! You go girl!!!!!
  • Gats
    Gats Posts: 42
    Options
    You know better than anyone what determination you're going to need to achieve your goal,

good luck, keep focused and we'll be watching and supporting you ...

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • bigdane321
    bigdane321 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i just want to say thank you. You just made me get through today. Thank you for the inspiration.
  • tanyafuller
    Options
    Good Luck!! I am walking on that road right beside you girl.............I started in October over 300 ilbs. and fell off the routine at the end of November and just got back too it on Monday. I gained eight pounds back during that time and I am glad to say that after weighing myself today that I shed off those eight pounds in five day's. I am currentIey 292.0 I am not lying !!! I ate breakfast lunch and dinner and had two snacks a day and my water and the most important thing I worked out doing 30 minuets high cardio (biggest looser dvd) a day. I have also added green tea into my diet, It helps shed off the water weight you carry around, I have also dropped a tea bag into my water bottle a few time's I do not drink any sugar or splenda in the tea.
    Here is an example of what I ate this week if anyone want's to know
    breakfast:
    one pouch of quaker sugar free oatmeal(apples and cinnomon)
    a cup of coffee(2% milk no sugar)
    !/2 cup sugar free cranberry juice
    lunch:
    can of healthy request soup
    pear or apple
    water
    snack:
    sugar free jello cup(only 10 calories)
    dinner:
    skinless chicken breast
    half baked potatoe(1 T fat free sour cream)
    steamed carrots
    water
    snack:
    fit and trim yogurt (60 calories) or
    quacker chewy granola (90calories)or
    weight watcher's fudge bar(110calories)
    With exercise you can earn up to 1200 extra calories a day, but i try not to use them
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome and thanks for joining us. I look forward to hearing more on your progress. :wink:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Fantastic attitude!
    We're here for you:drinker:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • maryschmidt
    Options
    It's overwhelming but take one step at a time, you can get there! We're with you every step.