Flat Feet?

Options
Anyone else suffer from this problem?? I have SUPER flat feet. My feet were killing me at the gym today...I need to get new shoes.

If you do have flat feet, is there a brand you can recommend. I absolutely dispise buying shoes.

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    My fiance has flat feet and also suffers from alot of feet pain. He buys insoles for in his shoes. He always wears steal toes shoes, probably not the best thing to wear if you have flat feet.
    I'd recommend goin to a foot doc. they can give you a prescription or a sample of insoles to wear inside your shoe and even recommend what type of shoes to buy.
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I also suffer from this problem...plus I have really big feet for a girl which is awful as I had orthotics made but as you have to go up 1.5 sizes to insert these I had to wear guys trainers which were then too wide.... it was a nightmare! :blushing:

I really do suggest going to have gait analysis done at your local running store, as not all trainers will work for everyone and they'll be able to fix you up with something perfect.

I currently wear the Women's Mizuno Wave Alchemy 10 though...and they are amazing! :happy: A control shoe that doesn't feel like it, flexible and light but with plenty of support!
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have flat feet. I have to get a "stability" shoe - Asics 2150 are what I wear.
  • ltshap
    Options
    New Balance sneakers usually have decent arch supports inside and their insoles are removable so it is easy to place an orthotic inside as well. Shoe-wise, I always wear Dansko shoes, but not open backed clogs, because they have excellent medial arch supports (also removable) that are more comfortable than my old custom orthotics.
  • columbiasmiles
    columbiasmiles Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes, we have Road Runner shoe stores. I go there and get my shoes. The look at your feet, your balance and your run. Then the suggest the best shoe for you. Yes, it can get quite expensive but I only have body to take care.
  • SJSchwartz
    Options
    My husband has very flat feet also. He went to a foot doctor and they made him a pair of orthodics to fit into any shoe. He can use them in pretty much any shoe he buys.
  • oxFaithxo
    oxFaithxo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My husband has very flat feet also. He went to a foot doctor and they made him a pair of orthodics to fit into any shoe. He can use them in pretty much any shoe he buys.

Same for my mom, my fiance has flat feet and he does the Doctor Schols in soles but the ones for the arch... and he can wear any shoe he wants :)
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I have flexible arches, so says my foot doc. I have an arch but 3 pregnancies have left them wider and the flatten when I stand, which left me in therapy all last wonter for a nasty case of plantar fasciitis and tendonitis. I wear New Balance or Asics, the higher the number the better. You can go to footsmart.com and get great shoes specifically for your foot needs. That is a wonderful resource! I have had to force myself to stop buying cheap shoes :)
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    Right shoes are the key. Go to a store to get analyzed is the right thing as PP's have said.

To DIY people: video your stride on a treadmill and compare it to the video files on this website. They can analyze it for you as well. Best prices I found online, 2 business day free shipping in the lower 48 and free return shipping for any reason. Live-answer phone customer service and the person is in CA ....NOT India.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Brooks have some good shoes for flat feet. For a running shoe try the Brooks Dyad