Just bought a Wii Fit balance board/Game...

Options
I just bought (well got as a gift from my dad, thanks dad!) the Wii Fit pack with the game and balance board. I also have the EA active Sports (first version) for the Wii. I thought I read somewhere yesterday that there is a way to use your balance board as a stepper while you're watching TV and it will still track your steps? Does anyone know about this? Also, I got the EVERLAST aerobic step to increase the height of the balance board....but how will it know that I'm increasing the intensity of my workouts? Is there some way I can enter that in?
And if anyone uses either of these games...please pass along what your favorites are! And if there are any other good accessories!! Thanks guys/gals!!

Replies

• jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii, Just started using it a few days ago. I love it! I just ordered the Zumba for Wii, but I love the aerobics feature on there.
  • hollyagl75
    Options
    The Wii active is great...both versions. I also really enjoy the Zumba game, and Gold's Gym Cardio Boxing. That's an old one but you may be able to find it used somewhere.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 Has a Just Sweat feature on it....a workout for you basically and it keeps track of everything for the week! I LUVLUVLUV it!!!
  • jmhunter84
    Options
    I have heard good things about the Just Dance game! It looks fun!
  • cakeordeath
    cakeordeath Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    the one where you step is right under the "advanced" stepping game. and all you do is set it up and then change the channel and the controller will keep the rhythm for you and let you know when you are done. i miss my Wii. =(
  • Deberlin88
    Deberlin88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Wii Fit (now, Plus) and the EA Active and Active More for almost 2 years and I *love* them! There is a way for you to do basic step and have it track your steps, but you have to unlock it, first. If I remember correctly, it doesn't take that long for it to unlock. If you got the Wii Fit Plus, that does track your calories. Regular Wii Fit doesn't. On the Wii Fit Plus, my favorites include: Half Moon, Sun Salutation, (I do those 2 daily), torso twists, jackknife, plank, rhythm boxing, hula hooping, advanced step, table tilt, bubble river, skiing, ski jump, bicycling, and the running on the Plus options.

The EA Active can seriously kick your butt. LOL My favorites there include all of the boxing exercises, bicep curls, the sports options (except for the regular inline skating... I'm better @ the Wii Balance Board inline skating), and squats. I actually just started the 30-day Challenge again on Monday and will be doing all of the exercises at high intensity. I'm not sure what your activity level is, so start at low intensity to see how you do. When I started the EA Sports 2 years ago, low intensity would have be sweating & panting.
  • jmhunter84
    Options
    Does anyone have the Gold's Gym or Biggest Loser games for the Wii? Is it good, helpful, etc?
  • mhwoodworth
    Options
    I got this a few weeks ago. Alot of the games are really fun. I like the rythmic kung fu and the rhythmic aerobics. They are really fun and you will start to sweat and get out of breath. My son likes the obstacle course- you have to run and jump alot in that one. I think the walking and running while watching TV would be under 'Free Walk' and 'Free Run' on the same page as the aerobics. The Biggest Loser game with my Wii Fit bundle. I have played it a few times and it does get you out of breath and sweaty. I definetly felt all the leg exercises that I did for the next few days. A friend of mine has it and really likes it- I have just been playing the games on the wii fit because my son (4 yrs) keeps asking me to play 'multiplayer' with him. Have fun!!! :happy:
  • jodiquincy
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I do have the Wii fit plus...oops, forgot to include that! I'm about to start doing a workout now!! Anyone buy the EVERLAST aerobic step tht goes under the balance board? I hope there is a way for me to enter it so it can count "extra" calories burned!! And also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the cardio boxing on the EA active sports game!! I am actually a boxing coach at the United States Olympic Boxing Center, so anything to do with boxing is right up my alley and I really work up a good sweat! The inline skating however, puts me in a lot of pain!! I will try the "free walk" thing...but I can't just change my channel, I have a flat screen that will force me to change the source from "component" to "tv" and I hope it will still count it, because I could seriously enjoy stepping while watching TV....a LOT!!!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    To step while you watch something else, choose "free step." I believe you have to unlock it by doing the advanced step first, but then you can set it up where you choose the speed and how long you want to step, and it will give you the rhythm via sounds out of the remote so you can change the channel on your tv. I love doing that. :)
  • mhwoodworth
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I do have the Wii fit plus...oops, forgot to include that! I'm about to start doing a workout now!! Anyone buy the EVERLAST aerobic step tht goes under the balance board? I hope there is a way for me to enter it so it can count "extra" calories burned!! And also, I LOVE LOVE LOVE all of the cardio boxing on the EA active sports game!! I am actually a boxing coach at the United States Olympic Boxing Center, so anything to do with boxing is right up my alley and I really work up a good sweat! The inline skating however, puts me in a lot of pain!! I will try the "free walk" thing...but I can't just change my channel, I have a flat screen that will force me to change the source from "component" to "tv" and I hope it will still count it, because I could seriously enjoy stepping while watching TV....a LOT!!!

I think the Wii will stay on. We have a flat screen too where you have to change the mode from tv to component but sometimes i don't switch straight over to the game from the TV and when I finally do the wii screen is just waiting for me. The same thing when I play DVDS.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will stay on. You'll know it's still working by the tick-tick coming from the Wii remote. :)