Hi!

Options
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to introduce myself.

I plan to take a 'sensible' approach to weight loss, i.e. no extreme dieting (I like food too much and know I won't keep it up if I don't get some of the foods I like - i just need less of them), do lots more exercise (on the approach to 40, I would like to get my fitness to a level that I can maintain for a good number of years, and try and feel ok about not wearing a t shirt on a beach!), and generally adopt an approach to life that will allow me to remain healthy for years to come. Easy, eh?!

Being slightly bashful (and male!), I don't feel comfortable discussing the detail of my weight loss (hopefully!) with friends and family, so I would like to rely on some support from what seems like a well informed and friendly community on MFP :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sarasotatim
    Options
    Hey man! Welcome!

Glad to see another guy on here, we're pretty much outnumbered by the ladies here, which of course, is always a good thing lol :)

Good luck, this place is awesome!!
  • ggourlay
    Options
    Thanks!

Yes, i've noticed the gender divide - fine by me! Although always good to know there are guys around too in case there is a need for backup :)