Exercise Calories

Options
Should you or shouldnt you eat exercise calories?

Trudy x

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hi Trudy. If you use the search for that very topic there is a lot of threads that were just recently created with all that info. :smile:
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    It's an ongoing argument- My opinion? If you are hungry, eat them. MFP sets you up with a deficit at the end of the day, even if you eat them, so you will still lose weight. But like that person said, there are tooooons of previous threads about it.
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    That is a personal preference. Some people eat them and some people don't. I guess the bottom line is, eat if you are hungry but don't force yourself to eat exercise calories if you ar not hungry.
  • trudy45
    Options
    Brillant, thanks guys

Trudy x
  • deandp371
    Options
    I'm working on getting exercise every day, or most days at least, to get back in shape and help lose weight. So it makes sense to me to make sure I'm eating enough if I'm going to shed some fat and build some muscle. So I eat at least some of those "extra" calories.

I think it's hard to measure calorie intake and expend highly accurately. But I figure that if I stay a bit hungry I should lose weight but not drastically. So that could be a guide too perhaps. That's worked for me for a few weeks - so far!

This is just my take on this - I'm certainly a newbie. And I'm sure you'll get other responses on this...