OT: Mommy is trying to hold it together...

Options
I just dropped off my oldest for his first day of Kindergarten. My school system does a scattered entry process and today is his first day. He was so nervous but excited. I got him in the room, set him up at his table and he gave me and his brother and sister big hugs goodbye. I know he is going to be ok. I know that. This is harder than I thought. I am anxious for him to get home so he can tell me that he had a great day, and then most of my worries will disappear. He went to preschool last year, it was 3 days a week 9-12. This is going to be a long day for both of us!

My little girl (3) had her first day of preschool yesterday. She goes Tues and Thurs from 9-12. she was fine. She did not even give me a hug goodbye, she saw puzzles and attacked them. She was so excited, which put me at ease. She had a great day, and is a little annoyed that she is not going back today.

Thanks for letting me vent and share. I am a mess today.:cry:

Replies

• emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I just dropped off my oldest for his first day of Kindergarten. My school system does a scattered entry process and today is his first day. He was so nervous but excited. I got him in the room, set him up at his table and he gave me and his brother and sister big hugs goodbye. I know he is going to be ok. I know that. This is harder than I thought. I am anxious for him to get home so he can tell me that he had a great day, and then most of my worries will disappear. He went to preschool last year, it was 3 days a week 9-12. This is going to be a long day for both of us!

My little girl (3) had her first day of preschool yesterday. She goes Tues and Thurs from 9-12. she was fine. She did not even give me a hug goodbye, she saw puzzles and attacked them. She was so excited, which put me at ease. She had a great day, and is a little annoyed that she is not going back today.

Thanks for letting me vent and share. I am a mess today.:cry:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Lilliana is going to be starting soon and I am dying inside. She has never stayed with anyone besides me, her dad, and my mom. It is going to be so hard. :frown:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    {{{Hugs}}} It'll be hard for awhile, but it's also exciting to see how much they learn and hear them talk about all their new friends. :flowerforyou:

Stay strong, Mommy! :heart:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :cry:
    You made me tear up sweetie!!!

:heart: You'll do great! No worries! :heart:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    You're right girls...that's one of the hardest things ever...when you have to leave them at school. Both my kids (1st & 3rd grade now) LOVED school..they didn't cry when I left but you can bet I cried myself to death! I had to hurry out the door so they wouldn't see me crying! ~sigh~ It goes sooooo fast...:brokenheart:
  • iluvmy2kids2
    Options
    Wow, I must be a bad mommy, I can't wait for my son to go back to pre-school and then kindergarten hopefully next fall. I just feel so happy that he gets to try new things that it doesn't bother me that he's gone. He's growing up so fast but he's doing it so well.
  • RedCurls
    Options
    My little one turns a year old this month and ever time I think about it I get tears in my eyes... I can't even think about him starting school... I know its a ways off but it makes me sad already!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I understand how you feel they grow up so fast. My youngest just started Pre-K yesterday and its all day everyday 8:45-3:15. and my oldest just started 2nd grade. makes you wonder where the time goes. Just enjoy getting to watch your babies grow up into to little people.. I know its hard but we have to do it..
  • emibmas
    emibmas Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Wow, I must be a bad mommy, I can't wait for my son to go back to pre-school and then kindergarten hopefully next fall. I just feel so happy that he gets to try new things that it doesn't bother me that he's gone. He's growing up so fast but he's doing it so well.

Well, I guess everyone is different, no one is a "bad mommy". :wink:

We all want the same things, to raise confident children who are ready to learn and handle whatever comes their way. Of coarse we want them to go out in the world, but we also can take this time to reflect on how far they have come. That is why is it emotional for me.

Best of luck to all our kiddies! :heart: