Snow removal Challenge

Options
I have about 30" of snow on the ground and it's about 4 feet in some places because of drifitng. I'll be outside today burning calories by removing snow from my sidewalk and driveway. Who's with me?

Replies

• sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Brrrrr. Not me. You're on your own, my friend. :laugh:
  • dawgmaven
    dawgmaven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm heading out now -- although you have me beat in total snow depth. My workout will be clearing the basement steps -- I have to carry the load up the five steps, and it's drifted 4 feet up against the door. The rest of it is only about 10 inches. I'm on the south side of Chicago -- where are you?
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Not me, but be very careful!
  • mayree678
    mayree678 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm on the north side of chicago close to wisconsin. It's pretty crazy out there
  • clevethin
    Options
    I gave birth and now have teenagers.
    I do NOT shovel! LOL
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great workout. We only have about 3 inches here in Denver, but all of the brutal cold. Currently -6 outside. Guess I will haveto stay in and get my heart rate up. I wonder how many calories doing laundry burns, lol!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Last week, I burned 1400 calories shoveling snow (we had 9"). Last night's ice storm ended up being mostly rain, so there isn't anything for me to shovel this week. I did shovel 30" last year in Feb., so I know what that is like!
  • emkamp03
    emkamp03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Ha we have about 18 inches. I spend 30 mins out there yesterday, and just got the front of the house semi cleared. still have the back of the house steps, and between the house and garage (where it drifted about 4 feet!) and in front of the garage to get anything out of the garage! so yes I will be joining you today! Lots of scooping! I know it is cold but the scooping keeps ya pretty warm!
  • jhackenmueller
    Options
    it's such a great way to burn calories.... I have come to LOVE shoveling! I live in MN so I've done tons of shoveling and I keep my cement safe for my daycare parents. Killing 3 birds with one stone..
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm there, we have about a foot and that doesnt count the snow drifts !!!
  • Tribix
    Tribix Posts: 12
    Options
    I went out 3 times yesterday. Once w/ Snow blower, once to clear the 1/2 inch of ice that fell after and another to clear the front of the driveway where the plows tossed icy slush.

This morning I did my morning treadmill workout and went out and did another pass with the snow blower - I suspect I'll be out a time or two again today
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    I pay association fees, I don't shovel jack!

However, I think I want to build a HUGE snow fort and plan a large scale snowball fight with the neighborhood...
  • lucasdany
    lucasdany Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    In Ottawa Ontario we have about 15 cm coming down today, so I am in...... Gonna get my driveway clean right after supper and burn lots of calories!!! Love it!
  • jamben
    jamben Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly I'm in with all our snow here in CT too. Hard work but thimk of it as burning calories
  • emalay
    emalay Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My whole family is heading out to tackle the snow!! Good times eh!!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    There's a ton of snow here in Iowa! Ack!
  • marrtini
    Options
    I will also be out removing snow and pushing cars out of driveways ... 2 cars out, 2 to go ... and a WHOLE lot of snow to shovel ... we will be buring the calories like crazy!
  • Live_To_Win
    Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I got mostly ice, 2.5 hour between last night and this morning, going to have to do more after work. I am with you in spirit!!!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Snow? What snow? It's supposed to be a windy, sunny 70 degrees in Chester, VA today :bigsmile:

Don't be a hatin' now :laugh:
  • twr1
    twr1 Posts: 3
    Options
    I always knew there was a reason to be thankful for being born in South Carolina!!! It is in the 50's here today! :0)