Rosedale Diet

Options
Has anyone tried this? I was thinking about starting it and was wondering if it's worked for any of you guys..

http://www.drrosedale.com/

Replies

• lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i havent ever heard of that. but what i just read it sounds like many other low carb diets
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    When I say "thinking about starting it" I really mean I'm startng to go low carb/ high fiber/ good fat not particularly this one. I got his book at the library along with South Beach..
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I can't agree with any diet that places firm restrictions on any whole, natural food like fruits and vegetables.
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    I can't agree with any diet that places firm restrictions on any whole, natural food like fruits and vegetables.

I think it means just simple carbs and sugary fruits and vegs like bananas, peas, corn.. I haven't looked into it thoroughly
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options

I think it means just simple carbs and sugary fruits and vegs like bananas, peas, corn.. I haven't looked into it thoroughly

That's what I mean -- those are still whole foods. Why are you looking at this diet? Are you having little luck with general calorie counting?
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    That's what I mean -- those are still whole foods. Why are you looking at this diet? Are you having little luck with general calorie counting?

Well I don't like feeling hungry all the time. The Rosedale diet is supoosed to regulate insulin and the leptin hormone (i think thats what it's called) to curb hunger. I feel like I'm starving myself and when I starve, I binge and when I binge, I purge. I've been through this cycle for 4 years. I need a new option..I gained the 2 lbs I've lost because of binging the past 4 days.
  • lizziewhan
    lizziewhan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well I don't like feeling hungry all the time. The Rosedale diet is supoosed to regulate insulin and the leptin hormone (i think thats what it's called) to curb hunger. I feel like I'm starving myself and when I starve, I binge and when I binge, I purge. I've been through this cycle for 4 years. I need a new option..I gained the 2 lbs I've lost because of binging the past 4 days.
    [/quote]

have you tried eating every 3 or so hours? last week i followed the inferno plan and ate 1200 calories a day. now im someone who could easily eat twice that and more in a day. i was actually shocked at how hungry i didnt feel...unless i skipped a snack, then i did notice i was hungry. this week i decided to up my calories to what mfp says i should have...1680 and my first day i didnt even hit 1680! i was right around 1200 still but felt completely satisfied. i really think its because im eating smaller portions and at several times a day.
  • Janelle3927
    Options
    Yah, I have my diary set up so I eat at 5(preworkout snack)/6/9/12/3/6/7:30(if i even have dessert which is rare) and that's how I am today I'm not hungry at all today been drinking lots of water (added aloe and lemon juice to make it easier to drink) I put in all my food for the day and i only ate/ am going to eat 800 something..I think I'm going to add another protein shake but idk when I'm going to drink it because I'm soo full right now!
  • elfie9863
    Options
    Just my own experience..I started on the low(er) carb plan, just eating about 20 carbs a day, around that, sometimes more sometimes less. It has been a really amazing change for me. Not hungry, not tired, very easy to do. I have lost 10 lbs since the first part of Jan. I have also been on the treadmill or elliptical for an hour a day to. For me, hands down, the best diet experience I have had.
  • mcpeg628
    mcpeg628 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Low carb diets are good for people like me (insulin resistant/metabolic disorder/pre-diabetes). My nutritionist recommends a low-carb diet for folks like me.