This is me!! I Gotta start somewhere.

Options
2»

Replies

• fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you found MFP! I'm having a lot of success, and I think it's going to be long-term success. I really like the support I get from the boards and my friends. And I agree with some of the above posters - being on here, and just starting to make healthy choices, counts as a success!
  • ChantalC1969
    ChantalC1969 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You are at the right place! Today is the day! You know what you want to do today so do it! In the last few months I have learn that there is ups and downs but you have to keep going. If you get off track one day, you do better the next day... simple as that! That's what I keep telling myself and that's what I do! I don't expect to lose that weight over night anymore... I now know that it's not that easy! I'm doing it slowy but surely! One step at a time... you can't change everything at once!

I now have about the same amount of weight to lose... Feel free to add me as a friend if you want!

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Chantal:flowerforyou:
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    if you're just starting... here are some tips to let you know you're not alone!

1) when you cut calories, your body sends out leptin which tells you're brain that you're starving because your body is programmed not to let weight go.. just block it out of your mind or eat vegetables in its place. a whole head of broccoli has around 100 calories. that's a lot to fill the stomach!

2) drink water... the old saying is that you're not hungry you're just thirsty. it's true. even when i don't think it is, if i drink a couple glasses of water i no longer am only thinking 'food food food food!'

3) if you find yourself running out of calories remember exercise is your best friend! even if you go out to dinner with a friend or had an extra glass of wine you can always exercise. DO NOT think that this change is only starvation mode and you can never eat sweets or salty food ever again.. just in smaller portions and in balance with your exercise

4) this is a change in lifestyle, so own it! flaunt your healthiness.

5) don't get discouraged if you don't lose the weight all at once, NOBODY DOES..keep on truckin!

6) mfp is here for you :)

good luck and continue on!
  • angelbabe77
    angelbabe77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:

Good luck
  • carib_light
    Options
    Thank goodness for fortunate mistakes. This is a success story because you got started!!!. Stick with it and you will have so much more to share in just a little bit. Good Luck!
  • carib_light
    Options
    Check out Jillian Michael's 30 day shred. I just started using it and I know it will help you. Add me as your friend and we can give each other support.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Yes this is the first step. I started on the 1st(on another site) and moved to tracking over here just the past week almost. I'm down 7 lb as of today. I can't wait to see the official weigh in Friday. I started with 150 lbs to lose so there are many here in your same situation.

This tracking has been the simplest of anything I've done. I do Jillian's 30 Day Shred as well on Mon, Wed and Fridays. I alternate those with other lower impact cardio(usually Walk Away the Pounds w/ Leslie Sansone). It works! 30 Day Shred will get you building muscle which may affect the scale a little bit but even though it was moving slowly I knew I was down and inch off my hips in a few weeks then when I measured at 4 weeks I had an inch off my waist as well. Plus I don't even get winded walking to the bus stop as fast as I can. Woohoo!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!