YAY!!!!!

Options
So, today I hit 40lbs lost!!!! That's 40lbs in 10 weeks, so 4 pounds a week!!!

I actually started out very fast (recent 20lbs gain that was easy to lose and also with a lot of weight to lose) and it made my already failing gallbladder attack me every single time I ate. Because of this (and testing to prove that my gallbladder was only working at 7%) I had surgery to remove it last Thursday. I am doing ok, but that also means I can only do light walking (no lifting of more than 10lbs) for 6 weeks. However, it also means no more being sick all the time!

I am nearly 1/3 of the way to my goal!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    So, today I hit 40lbs lost!!!! That's 40lbs in 10 weeks, so 4 pounds a week!!!

I actually started out very fast (recent 20lbs gain that was easy to lose and also with a lot of weight to lose) and it made my already failing gallbladder attack me every single time I ate. Because of this (and testing to prove that my gallbladder was only working at 7%) I had surgery to remove it last Thursday. I am doing ok, but that also means I can only do light walking (no lifting of more than 10lbs) for 6 weeks. However, it also means no more being sick all the time!

I am nearly 1/3 of the way to my goal!!! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you! :flowerforyou:

I am glad you are feeling better too! 40 lbs is awesome, I cannot wait until I can say that.
    You are awesome! :heart:
  • TexasAngelBeth
    TexasAngelBeth Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome Good for you...:drinker: can I ask what kind of excercise you did?
  • raincloud
    Options
    That is so awesome Good for you...:drinker: can I ask what kind of excercise you did?

Well I live in condos that have a workout facility. So 4 days a weeks I would do an hour of elliptical, bike and walking (running for a minute every 5-10 minutes the most I can do currently). Then the other 3 days I would do some toning (weights and such) and swimming.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    you rock sister!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: very proud of you and thanks for the inspiration honey!

hugs!:flowerforyou:
    Ali
  • lnjwilliams1432
    Options
    GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT JOB!!!! CONGRATS!!:flowerforyou:
  • Jamariqui
    Options
    :drinker: That's amazing! Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!
  • Nana27
    Options
    Congrats!!! And aren't you glad to get rid of that gall bladder? I know I was. Take it easy until you are better from the surgury, then hit it again. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Linda
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!!! YAY for you!! That is wonderful and I'm glad you'll be healthier now! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Thats awesome!! :bigsmile:
  • tyeshaljohnson
    Options

Well I live in condos that have a workout facility. So 4 days a weeks I would do an hour of elliptical, bike and walking (running for a minute every 5-10 minutes the most I can do currently). Then the other 3 days I would do some toning (weights and such) and swimming.

So you work out 7 days a week and 4 days you do an hour of cardio and 3 days you do strength training and swiming, How long does it take for you too do the streght training and how long do you swim?
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss, and I hope that you have a speedy recovery!
  • raincloud
    Options

So you work out 7 days a week and 4 days you do an hour of cardio and 3 days you do strength training and swiming, How long does it take for you too do the streght training and how long do you swim?

I do 15 minutes of strength training, and 30-45 minutes of swimming. I plan on getting a personal trainer when I hit a plateau or by November because I need pointers to make sure what I am doing is ok.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Congratulations!!!!

Wishing you a speedy recovery! :flowerforyou:
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is AWESOME!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

And of course, wishing you a speedy recovery!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!