Help with my plateau

Options
Ok, I need help!

I have hit a plateau and I have read that when this happens I should increase my calories.
I am scared to do that because I think I might gain weight.
Right now I eat almost 1200 calories sometimes less than that.

I do work out really hard. Mondays I do 1 hour of tae bo, Tuesdays 40 minutes of continues sit-ups is like a boot camp but only doing sit ups. On Wednesdays again tae bo, Thursdays the 30 minute boot cam sit ups and on Fridays 1 hour of boot camp really intense.
I also at home like twice a week do zumba at home

I eat really lean and green.

Since July I have lost 55lb I was 231 after my second baby and now I am 176 I have been in this weight for 2 months I do see inches lost but not weight. I am soo discourage.

Ok so the question is has anyone has had this happened and have they increased their calories and has it worked.

Thank you in advanced for you r help.

I am 5’5 and 176
I went from a size 18 to a size 12 or 10 depends the pants.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Eat more, you should be eating 1200 plus your exercise calories. this will give you the fuel your body needs to run.
  • LosingTheInches
    Options
    if your losing inches, that means your gaining muscle, its a good thing! i dont even use the scale anymore. i use the measuring tape.
  • marianpp
    marianpp Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you i will try that eatting my excersice calories burned.
    @shawna yeah i do understand that but is hard to see my self at 176 i jsut wat to see my weight down.
    that is what my husband said. i will try it just so hard.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    if your losing inches, that means your gaining muscle, its a good thing! i dont even use the scale anymore. i use the measuring tape.

Not necessarily, you would have to have your body fat tested to prove this, but very unlikely on a 1200 calorie diet that you actually built muscle.
  • angie718
    Options
    I would add 15 more minutes of cardio to one of your workouts....this helped me with the last two pounds I lost...I hit a plateau for about a month.
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Time to up your calories, you are way to low. It was OK at first, but your body has adjusted and is now getting protective. I always use age 30 if I don't know age and always use sedentary if I don't know exercise specifics, so you would also need to eat your calories burned during exercise.

Maintenance:
    1820 Calories/day
    Fat Loss:
    1456 Calories/day
    Extreme Fat Loss:
    1400 Calories/day

You need to be at least 1456 and eating exercise calories. Personally, I'd try 1550 and eat your exercise calories.
  • marianpp
    Options
    I had my body fast testes when i starded i was 41 and 2 weeks ago i was 29
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    ok, so I hit a plateau at the same weight area. I wear the same pant size now, after I put on a bit from holidays. but I finally broke my plateau after a break from my diet for awhile. I don't reccommmend it though cause I did gain. There are lots of articles on the net that have lots of sugestions. one is zig zag your diet, the other is really cut carbs, and try differant workout activities. you could rest a week, in workouts not diet. try not to drop under 1000 cals ever it can kill your metabolism. some ppl are prevented weightloss with red meats and wheat. so research, and know your body.
  • danielled6875
    danielled6875 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Having the same issues for the past 6 months. I lost about 90 lbs in the last 2 1/2 years. Its taking me along time but I been doing it the right way. I been fluctuating with 5 lbs now and I am going insane. I still have 10 lbs to go on top of that 5 to reach my goal of 125. This week I am trying to make a real effort to eat more calories. It is so scary and i expect it to maybe back fire alittle but I have to try.

Request me as a friend and we can help motivate eachother. I'll share any advice and you can do the same.
    Good luck.

Danielle6875
  • StaceysPaige
    Options
    Wow thats awesome, you have lost so much weight you should be very proud of yourself!!!:flowerforyou:
    You are probably at a plateu because your not eating enough calories. You are doing alot of excercise and are burning
    calories like crazy, you need to eat back some of those so you can give your body the proper fuel it needs to survive.
    You are doing great just hang in there it will start to melt off!!!!:drinker:
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
  • dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I read a recent message or blog on this site and the gal took pictures of her weight loss journey and how she was just as frustrated as you. I wish I could find it because I think it would really help you. She stayed around 160 for several months and took pictures along the way and even though the scale didn't change much the pictures did. She was becoming more lean and trim.

I agree you should start eating your calories burned since you have been the same weight for 2 months. This will really help with your workouts to fuel them and then you should start to see the weight come off again.

Hang in there!
  • dhutt2011
    dhutt2011 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I read a recent message or blog on this site and the gal took pictures of her weight loss journey and how she was just as frustrated as you. I wish I could find it because I think it would really help you. She stayed around 160 for several months and took pictures along the way and even though the scale didn't change much the pictures did. She was becoming more lean and trim.

I agree you should start eating your calories burned since you have been the same weight for 2 months. This will really help with your workouts to fuel them and then you should start to see the weight come off again.

Hang in there!

Here is the link: www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal_individual.asp?blog_id=3926473&SPShared=TRUE

You will have to copy that into your browser to get to her blog. It is very encouraging!
  • marianpp
    Options
    PYRO.

Sorry i am 32 years 5'5 176
  • marianpp
    Options
    OHHh thank you guys you really are helping me here.
  • marianpp
    Options
    @ dhutt2011 the is the most Amazing link i have seen.

i am actually in tears. that has opened my eyes.

thank you sooo much

and thank you to all of you that have respond.
  • bren101283
    Options
    I am always hitting a plateau. It's very frustrating. I've lost 42lbs in 19 months. I hit my first plateau at 225lbs. Joined Weight Watchers and lost about 10 and then nothing for months. So here I sit. Around 215. I can't break through it. This has always been my problem For the last several years I've been stuck at 215. I've finally started doing something about it and have been pushing the workouts hard for af few months and nothing. If the scale moves it moves up and not down. I'm watching my calorie intake cut out soda things like that and still nothin.