What type of exercises are you doing?

Options
I was wondering what type of exercise routines are people doing to help lose weight? I know diet and exercise both have to be present to achieve results! I recently bought a treadmill so i can do my cardio at home in my leisure when i can't make the gym...i do have a gym membership and i also have the Zumba dvds....it's just hard to stick to routines.

Replies

• erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I usually get to the gym at least 3-4 times a week. I bring my gym clothes to work, and I just drive straight to the gym after work. If I stopped home in between, I would never make it. I generally don't make it to the gym on the weekends or nights that I work late, so I do a video at home those nights. It's nice to have a variety of videos that are a variety of lengths, so that you can choose according to how much time you have or how much you feel like doing that day. (On an evening that I'm tired after work, it's hard to talk myself into a 60-minute P90X workout, but a 20-minute '30 Day Shred' workout seems pretty doable.)

Hope this helps. :)

-E
  • Konstantin19
    Konstantin19 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I normally did the elliptical for about half and hour, followed by some weight curls. I just started doing the P90X and I like that alot
    more. It feels like I'm actually doing something, as I am sore every day I work with it.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I have been alternating between my treadmill and my wii. I have been doing the c25k on my treadmill.
  • jessluvs2bmom
    Options
    I mix it up a little. At least two days a week I go to the gym at school, but three days a week I do my Kinect. There is this awesome game for Kinect that comes with a wrist band that keeps track of how many calories you burn and your heart rate. It is a pretty intense game, even only set on medium! The best thing about the Kinect, and the part that made me chunk my Wii aside, is that there is no controller needed at all! The game has a built in camera that knows where you are and if you are doing the exerciszes right. It lets you know or pauses until you get the exercise right. I am more sore after doing thirty minutes on that game than I am after doing an entire hour at the gym,lol. I love it. It is called Active 2. It come with the wrist band and a resistance band that is used often during the routines.
  • Ang01_20
    Ang01_20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Yeah my schedule is pretty much the same as yours. I guess I felt bad not going to gym on the weekends but i can still do some cardio dvds or walk on my treadmill! Thanks as everyone for your input, appreciate it!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Jog 1 to 1.5 miles twice a week. Sometimes more like one time a week.

Did join a fitness kickboxing class... loving it! Due to my kids activities, it will be a schedule shuffle to attend 2 classes a week.
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    I am doing kettlebells 3 days per week right now and 1 day of cardio. However I lost 25 lbs and 4 inches off my waist doing P90X, highly recommend either one for great workouts.
  • Ang01_20
    Ang01_20 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I heard P90X does wonders!!! However, i'm not sure i can stick to it like it's supposed to be done, but i do have a blast doing Zumba!
  • mom2littleguys
    Options
    I do 30 day shred and Biggest Loser Bootcamp DVD's for cardio. On my "strength training" days I use our Bowfex. I'm hoping to buy a treadmill soon. I'd love to start C25K!
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Like I said I lost a bunch of weight with P90X. Its only 90 days. You could do it, I did it mostly in hotel rooms.