Does this cardio chart seem accurate to you?

lilRicki
lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
In the event your HRM should crap the bed like mine did, do you think this chart is a good reference?

http://www.nutristrategy.com/caloriesburned.htm

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    If you HRM does go you can find all those exercises in the MFP database, and MFP takes into account gender, age, and weight. So with the absence of a HRM I would go with the lower of MFP or the machine if you are using one.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Seems pretty on key. I am basing that on what I burn doing those activities. I am 132 lbs and the 130 column is pretty dead on for me.
  • Based on what I see on the machines at the gym, and overall knowledge from doing this for YEARS..it looks pretty close on the sports I am familiar with. As far as sailing and weird ones like that, not so sure. The basic cardio exercises look pretty accurate.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Ok thanks guys...I work out from home, that's why I got a HRM...no machines, just my *kitten* moving. I'm not worried about my Heart Rate, I'm pretty good at judging when I'm dying. I'm just super peeved that I trusted my HRM and it's wrong, so it's no wonder I haven't lost anything. So I'm going to go by what MFP and this chart says...
This discussion has been closed.