Protein

Options
I almost always go over in protein!! Is this a problem?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    NOPE! just make sure it is lean healthy protein and you are fine!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP sets protein pretty low, 15% of total calories. A balance diet consists of protein ranging from 10% to 30%. So you can double MFP's protein limit and still have a balanced diet. You can go into your profile and change the % allocation to what works for you.
  • saeverman
    Options
    Just curious as to what you are eating that gives you so much protein? I recently read an article that said to eat your goal weight in grams of protein. For example, I want to weight 145 so I would eat 145 gr protein. Haven't had a chance to ask the doctor yet. Protein is always a problem for me, I can't get enough in!
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I always have too much protein. Yogurt, nuts, hummas, lean meats, so it is good protein. I don't worry about it.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I don't really look at the MFP balance. Now that I started lifting again I eat a lot of lean protein... chicken, turkey, fish, eggs etc I don't worry about it.

I have used a website similar to this which allowed you to set your protein/carb/fat etc balance to meet your specifi training needs, which was a handy thing to be able to do. But I started this one because the food database overall is just better and I don't have to manually enter stuff all the time because it's not in the database.
  • crazymom4
    crazymom4 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i have to agree i eat a ton of protien i woulod feel faint if i didnt!! weight liftin is tough on us u need the protein for energy thats why its so high in the p90x food guide and it works been through it twice now deifnetly need it just make it good protien!!!
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I don't really look at the MFP balance. Now that I started lifting again I eat a lot of lean protein... chicken, turkey, fish, eggs etc I don't worry about it.

I have used a website similar to this which allowed you to set your protein/carb/fat etc balance to meet your specifi training needs, which was a handy thing to be able to do. But I started this one because the food database overall is just better and I don't have to manually enter stuff all the time because it's not in the database.

You can change your setings here. I think it is on your home page w here you set your goals. INstead of guided, choose custom to set % for carbs, fat and protein
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

MFP allows you to do this to. Under goals, click change goals, select custom, make your changes, then click save changes.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    oohh thank you both :flowerforyou:
  • SweetToothFreak
    Options
    Just curious as to what you are eating that gives you so much protein? I recently read an article that said to eat your goal weight in grams of protein. For example, I want to weight 145 so I would eat 145 gr protein. Haven't had a chance to ask the doctor yet. Protein is always a problem for me, I can't get enough in!

I always eat, eggs, nuts, peanut butter, chicken, fish, turkey. I like my protein. I think that is what gets me through the day!
  • Slammedtoys
    Options
    X2 ... I always almost double my recommended protein intake
  • SweetToothFreak
    Options
    Thank you to everyone!!! :) That was a concern of my. I love this site!!! I get so many questions answered!