Hello, I'm new-ish

Options
Hello, I'm Steph. I joined in December but really got going in January. I'm down 11 lbs so far. I recently switched to Veganism and I think that's helping me alot. I re-joined my gym and have been going fairly regularly. My long term goal is to be 180 and a size 12. I love the food log on here and I'm excited to get the extra weight off once and for all!

Replies

• chelrieton
    Options
    I have a friend who recently went vegan (: and has recently been dedicated to going to the gym regularly.
    I was wondering if you have any suggestions on the best way to get the necessary nutrients?
    (She has vitamins but she left them back in her hometown and doesn't have them here in her college dorm).
  • stephs_diet
    Options
    I find the food tracker on here to be helpful. I have it set to track iron and protein as well as fat. As long as she is eating a varied diet ( fruits, vegs, grains, legumes, proteins ( tofu, tempeh or sietan) she should be fine. It is a common misconception that vegan diets lack nutrients. A diet of mainly packaged foods and unhealthy garbage like fast food is 100 times worse for you than a vegan diet. She could order some new vitamins or have someone mail hers to her. I take a vegetarian multi daily just in case.