any1 know any remedies for time of month

Options
hey girlies, does any1 know any remedies to beat time of month slump? anything to beat the back pain and blaoting and anything that wil perk u up? xx

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I would love to know. I get so cranky out of the blue its redic. Im like bipolarish when its that time of the month
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    A hot water bottle, or a bath with a glass of wine. ;) A little pampering never hurt anyone!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    EXERCISE it works for me I do not get the back pain while I am in an exercise routing. If I have stopped for a week and its almost time I get all the symptoms.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Exercise is helping me big times!!!! Except I am still cranky like crazy!!!! I am the crazy TOM lady!
  • shapeupstephanie
    Options
    I would the true trick as well......... but for me dark choclate, wine and bed!!!!! but lets face it, I'm a mother of four, I don't get down time!!! LOL
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    You can also buy those thermacare patches and stick them on your back and front I do that if I am gone they work to.
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Stay away from salt and caffeine. They encourage the PMS/PMDD symptoms. Cut back on processed foods and sugars.

So pretty much eat cleanly and exercise and drink lots of water. The cleaner eating the better so that all those additives and sodium and sugars to make matters worse.

Also, if you can, add a calcium and magnesium supplement. If you need a chocolate for curb those cravings, reach for dark chocolate. Have a square at a time and let it kinda melt in your mouth instead of chewing it. It will help with that chocolate craving but has A LOT of good things in it. Stay away from milk chocolate though.

Here is a good link with lots of suggestions similar to mine: http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/womenshealth/a/PMS.htm

Also a link on the benefits of dark chocolate: http://longevity.about.com/od/lifelongnutrition/p/chocolate.htm

Take it from me. I have been diagnosed with PMDD for years and I've tried everything. In the end, simple is best. Eat clean, eat healthy, exercise, add vitamins, and a lots of water and rest.

Katie
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Options
    Im starting that horrid time any day now.. I am already chocolate craving.
    so last night I melted semi sweet chocolates and covered cheerios in them
    i feel a little less guilty eating those haha

I find moving around helps my bloating and cramps, try exercise, but nothing too heavy
    and its okay to cave into the chocolate, but a little bit or dark chocolate
    the healthier the better
    even try weight watchers chocolate
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I take Iron tablets.
    I exercise.
    I stay away from sweets.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Magnesium has been my life saver! I started taking it about a year ago and noticed my cycle was getting less miserable. (Less pain, less bloating and WAY less irritability!) I have also found that when I am exercising regularly and eating clean I feel much better during that time. In fact, today I opened my iPod app that let's me track and was shocked to realize I'm within 5 days of starting! Usually I have symptoms up to two weeks in advance but I'm feeling so good it snuck up on me!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I second the magnesium. I also would suggest Black Current Seed Oil - it's an Omega 3 (or 6 don't remember) but it helps balance hormones. So does Pregnelone.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    make sure your calcium levels are up, and if you need a little extra take evening primrose oil for the cramps and discomfort. There is an actual tea called PMS tea that you can get at health food stores, it's suppose to relieve your cramps. I find that Birth Control helps with my manic hormonal mood swings. I'm currently testing out my 4th different kind of pill right now because my PMS is THAT bad. I also have a heating pad and a hot water bottle. Chamomile tea and a shot of whiskey never killed anyone either. I prefer advil over motrin or mytol, it acts as an anti-inflamitory. And don't forget your fat pants, nothing sucks more than being restricted while you're bloated. Watch your salt intake, I know I feel like a beached whale...and make sure you prepare for it by loading up on healthy snacks or else you're going to eat the fridge door off. Don't forget your beauty rest...nothing cures what ails ya like tons of sleep...good luck!