What is your ULTIMATE motivational trick?

Options
When it comes down to it, the reason why I've let myself gain weight is because I value the satisfaction of tasting good food over the satisfaction of looking good. This has a lot to do with the fact that I'm no longer around friends and family I know and I'm in a healthy relationship with someone who accepts me regardless of my weight. It's time to change this.

I used to post pictures of myself when I was at my goal weight to motivate myself. What "trick" does everyone else use?

Replies

• stephstpierre121
    Options
    Looking ahead to my beach vacation in July and remembering how GREAT it felt to get dressed when I had succeeded in my weight loss goals two and a half years ago. I also loved the confident feeling I had gained. I actually repeat to myself in times of temptation, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels, nothing tastes as good as being thin feels......"
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    i became a health coach for the plan that helped me achieve my current weight loss status, so that definitely keeps me in check. I still have a ways to go.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My kids. I want to be here for them. It's definitely about looking better, but with severe asthma, I know that losing more weight will let me breathe easier and in turn let me be with my children longer.

Also, I love feeling strong!
  • Grammy54
    Grammy54 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feeling this and feeling good about yourself is to me the best motivator. I want to live a long time and I want to be active If you can't be pround of the way you look then it is time to do something about it.
  • andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    So what do you say if you don't know how thin feels?
  • Grammy54
    Grammy54 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Use your imagination picture your self wearing clothes a size or two smaller. I keep thinking about what it would be like to be skinny and thinking so hard that when I look in the mirror I am surprised at what I look like and it keeps me motivated.