Here's one more try at becoming a new me!

Options
My good friend gave me a gentle nudge into trying this website and I finally budged to the nudge! So far it looks like it could be a fun way to keep myself honest about food intake and just how much effort I make for exercise. From what I've read so far on the boards, all of you seem like a great bunch of people and I look forward to any help, advice or friendly support of any kind. I need to lose about 30 pounds and it doesn't have to "melt" off of me, but it will be great to see it come down.

Replies

• debcakes
    Options
    My good friend gave me a gentle nudge into trying this website and I finally budged to the nudge! So far it looks like it could be a fun way to keep myself honest about food intake and just how much effort I make for exercise. From what I've read so far on the boards, all of you seem like a great bunch of people and I look forward to any help, advice or friendly support of any kind. I need to lose about 30 pounds and it doesn't have to "melt" off of me, but it will be great to see it come down.
  • girldeese
    Options
    Welcome, I love this site....because the people are so great! And it has so many great tools to keep me going and motivated! Good Luck!:wink:
  • JanCar
    Options
    Welcome Aboard! You're going to do great!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    We've all been there with you and are continually striving to stay healthy now. If you have a postive attitude you will see a positive change in yourself.

Good luck and welcome aboard!
  • drgall
    Options
    Hello and Welcome Debcakes! Your friend was right -- this is a very comprehensive site and has the best support group on the web! In order for this to work, you have to love yourself enough to be honest about recording EVERYTHING you eat and your exercise. It's amazing how our bad (or good) habits come to light.

Like Dr. Phil says, we can't change what we don't acknowledge.

Best of luck to you!

Denise

weight.png
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hi Deb-- welcome--

Knowing that there are going to be times in my life that I'm going to want birthday cake, or ice cream or whatever else may be in my path, I set a very reasonable goal from a time standpoint. On my birthday in June I gave myself until my next birthday to take off 50 pounds. I'm not going to eat like a rabbit for the rest of my life, but rather I want to find a way to eat that makes sense, that I can live with full time and if the weight comes off slowly, no worries.

So, my advice would be similar-- set a reasonable goal for you to take off your 30 pounds, and take it one day at a time. This site has been a God send. The food journal and calorie counter/database are soooooooo helpful. Any other time I'd try to count calories, I'd sit at the end of a day and try to remember what I ate. Half the time I'd forget about the half of a Krimpet my two year old didn't finish that I'd absetn mindedly popped into my always open mouth.

So, I put this site as my home page so it's always there when I log on, no excuses to forget logging it. And having it in the front of my mind, helps me to remember to stay away from finishing the kids' plates, and all of those calories that add up when we do the absentminded things we do-- couple of mini pretzels here, a handful of M & M's there-- all these things add up, and attributed to the 50 pounds that I needed to take off.

You've come to the right place-- it's a great site, lovely people-- you'll do this!!
  • maggie2020
    Options
    wellcome to the site & good luck :flowerforyou:
  • debcakes
    Options
    Thanks you guys:happy: I can feel the love already and I'm gonna give this a try and see how it helps me with some motivation. Blessings to all of you:smile: