How many calories did I burn????

Options
I spent a half hour scraping off 1/2 inch thick ice from my car this morning in the freezing rain. I went to go add this in as exercise and realized I have no idea how to search for something like that. Does anyone have any clue how many calories I might have burned scraping ice off my car for a half hour?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    you won't know unless you have a heart rate monitor. It's impossible to tell otherwise.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    and even then HRM are notoriously unreliable for calorie counting apparently. I had to learn that the hard way
  • lilRicki
    Options
    just log it under "Shovelling snow"
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    You can maybe log it in as shoveling snow- burns 200 calories for an hour.
  • tompetty
    tompetty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Since it'll be impossible to know how many, just know that you probably burned a little extra today and consider that a good thing! :)
    (And ugh, that sounds awful!)
  • CINDYLOU1966
    CINDYLOU1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    what kind of heart monter is good one ? i dont know what one to get ?
  • urnewbuddee
    urnewbuddee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I figured it would be impossible to tell haha I think I might just consider it a little extra work done and instead of logging it, just give myself an extra 100 calories to eat today. I will definitely do some research on heart rate monitors to see what the deal is. Thank you all so much!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't count anything like that...especially if you are wanting to 'eat back' exercise calories.
  • moses5885
    Options
    just log it under "Shovelling snow"

shoveling snow involve more work of your back so marking it as that does you a disservice. i wouldnt recommend tracking that and just know you got a little extra work in today so you still get your workout in.
  • Amymandr
    Options
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/calorie_calculator.htm.

Is the website I use to figure out anything that is not on MFP
  • lilRicki
    Options
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/calorie_calculator.htm.

Is the website I use to figure out anything that is not on MFP

why isn't dancing ever in those charts?
  • cassandra77
    Options
    I wouldn't count anything like that...especially if you are wanting to 'eat back' exercise calories.

Why? I log cleaning my house sometimes lol