Any ladies out there 5'6" tall looking to lose?

Options
Hello I just joined MFP a little under a month ago, so far I've lost 7 lbs here.Before joining MFP I lost a little under 30 lbs on my own just exercising and watching my calorie intake my starting weight was around 180lbs. I'm looking to still lose 20-30lbs and was wondering if there are any ladies out there with same height as me (5' 6 1/2") around my weight now 145lbs or goal weight 125-130lbs? I'd love to see pics of what I may look like when I get there. Also talk with others with the same goals. I forgot to mention my figure is similiar to a pear.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BarbieShell
    Options
    i am about the same i got unfit and i used to be skinny but i am at 145 now and trying to go to 110
  • newnicole
    Options
    Im currently at 130 and im trying to get down to 125 and im 5'7 its hard when it gets down to those last few pounds but its all about staying focused! you can do it :)
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", but my GW is 145, so i can't help you!
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height but still higher up in weight. I've sorta hit a plateau that I'm trying hard to break. it's frustrating! LOL. My goal is between 125-135lbs. I'm not petite and I have an hourglass figure (big on top and big on bottom). I don't wanna look crazy thin so I'll stop when I get to that comfortable place for me.
  • nicruns
    nicruns Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    first off... congrats!
    i'm in your shoes now.
    i'm a total yo-yo-er.
    i dropped 30lbs on my own a few yrs back too.
    but then going from being really active to a sedentary desk job PLUS a bad choice with birth control = i yo-yo-ed STRAIGHT back up again PLUS a few pounds
    (not good)
    so... here i am.
    185 (size 10/12 pants & L shirt)
    & my goal is 145-150
    i'm back to being hyperactive again, but the trouble with training hard means yes-- i get HUNGRY!
    but it's a balance, eh?

i wonder if i got down to 125-130 if i'd be a size 6!
    ;)
    would be nice to find out.....!

good luck!!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and lingering at 130lbs right now. I started off at 144lbs and it took me seven months to lose it.. I probably could have been a bit more efficient if I had been more dedicated, but it's all a learning process!

I want to lose 5 more pounds.. to get to 125lbs, but we will see what happens when I get there because originally 130 was my goal weight but I'm not completely satisfied!
  • MissFritz
    Options
    Wow you sound exactly like me! I am 5' 6 1/2" and definitely a pear shape. I am shooting for 130. I am currently 154. 6 years ago I lost 45 lbs. My lowest weight this past fall was 145, now that winter is here I really over did it for the holidays so I am getting back on track and going for 130 this time around. Keep doing what you are doing, it sounds like you are doing a great job!
  • jayem07
    Options
    first of all congrats on losing 30 lbs! thats awesome. I am also 5'6 and right now am somewhere between 145 and 150...I weigh in tomorrow. My goal weight is 125 so we have very similar goals.
  • Allegra289
    Options
    Hey I am 5'6 currently at 166, looking to get down to about 140-145