pudgy vegetarian that drinks too much

Options
That pretty much sums me up! I need to refocus my attention, ACCESS & EXCESS are my plight. I know what to eat, I know how to exercise-- whole body wellness has always been a huge part of who I am. But after landing my dream job... the battle of the bulge began. A desk job, happy hour cocktails & dinners out are apparent in my waistline. Don't get the wrong impression, I'm not giving up all of that! My game plan is to re-educate my senses and gain back control. Who says you can't have it all!

I've been doing this for about a month now, and sometimes I fail-- fail to count, fail to exercise, and fail to stay within my allotted calories. But hey isn't failure is a part of learning? Thomas Edison seemed to have it right, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. "

I'm realistic, I want to indulge-- but I want to do it right!

Positivity & encouragement welcomed, we're all in this together!

Replies

• meeramos
    meeramos Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love to drink red wine. It helps to keep track of what you eat. I did not realize how much calories are in a glass of wine.
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Lovely quote! Welcome!!!
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a somewhat pudgy vegetarian who likes dessert too much! You can do it, moderation is key. Is there a gym near your office? I go at lunch 3 times a week now to mine...
  • mindspinmegs311
    mindspinmegs311 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love your Thomas Edison quote. :) Good luck on your journey and welcome to the club!
  • reikichris
    Options
    I love your topic header! Welcome! I too like my wine.

Good luck to you!
  • jayem07
    Options
    haha love the title of this...I saw it and instantly thought "that's me!" lol welcome and good luck!! :smile:
  • TiffanyAml
    Options
    You're going to do great! Stick to red wine, mmmmmm :) Also, I find mini goals help me. Instead of my long term goal (Which is about 15 more lbs left) I like to say - in 2 weeks I will lose bla bla bla. Then I weigh in each morning and keep track. I always keep track of what I eat (I used to not be so good, now I am amazing) and it's crazy to actually see it on there and to know, if I go over - I won't make that mini goal and I HATE failing. Also, this sounds silly, but - I am a working mom, so I work out at home on a $60 stair stepper from Sears. I get to catch up on the latest TV shows while sweating. I find, that is I get in my work out gear, even if I don't feel motivated, 100% of the time, I end up getting on and trying because I am already suited up. After about 20 minutes of heard core sweating, I end up just continuing on and setting more mini goals :) - 20 more minutes! Or I set a goal to work out to an entire movie. These are all silly little things that have helped me go from 190 lbs to 150 lbs (150 this morning, ya!). Set little goals that work for you. You are already a strong willed person, you are a vegetarian (my husband is Vegan so I understand the mind set) and you have your dream job. You are the type of person who is capable of changing your body and changing it fast. You work hard for what you want, and once you make up your mind - that is who you become. Change your life style. Maybe in the beginning with the temptations, don't go out as much. Make this healthy lifestyle a habit first for 2-4 weeks. Gain back your strength, watch your body succeed at losing weight and then start slowly getting around those temptations. Just my thoughts!
  • cdbjr2000
    cdbjr2000 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    There is growth to be had in all of our past experiences. Failures and successes. Thats what my father use to tell me. "learn from your mistakes boy". Keep at it and good luck.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    great! Let me know if you figure out how to have it all-so far I have it all, including the pudge around the mid-section:tongue:
    And, what is your dream job?